where is my motor?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if its at millenium then it could be checked for the top deck being true, the cylinders can warp from too much deto. allowing your domes never to seal properly. then again it could be just a simple strip, plate and diamond hone.

Nick I spoke with Millennium Technologies today. If all goes well the cylinder will be shipping back to us red label. We are going to tripple check everything and ship it back to you ASAP!

my 535 and my 485 have very similar domes one head is a RK tech (10 mill) and the other is a custom cut one piece head ~ 485. both have smaller squish bands as i have stated.

if you reassemble it with the same domes its going to blow up. guess i cannot say it enough.

trinity why dont you guys put one of these back together and make about 20 runs back to back and see what happens. come on guys this one simple motor issue is causing you all kinds of greef. why not spend a day and fix the issue.

call them before you order the head!! they will ask you a bunch of questions and you will need an accurate deck height measurement. the domes will be cut specifically for your motor. when i went to the RK head it picked up about 2 lengths. and MPH'd about 3mph more they have some numbers on them and say alky. they resemble the "custom" head thats in the other bike. the custom head was cut about 8 years ago and the rkt was made about 6or 7 the domes for the rk head ONLY fit their shell. and their shell ONLY uses their domes.

also if you look at RK's site for ATV heads there is only one picture of a head dome for the stocker cylinder head those domes were made years ago that page is really old if your dome dosent have that basic shape it wont work for shit. plain and simple

Nick wrote

"The dome shape was causing the motor to force the explsion towards the walls and causing all sorts of detionation problems. Mine had craked a transfer port. Problem 2

Problem 3 is not offical but this is what I've been told. 73mm cheetahs have such a large bore it compromises the integrity of the cylinders because they are so thin, I kinda agree but I had also been told its possable tolerances are sometimes pushed threw, and this means pistons sometimes are to tight and have no room to expand. In either case, my pistons left some pretty nice skid marks on the walls."

Trinity has been told about their reverse squish problem and wrong dome design for years. Dont know why this has had to cost people thousands of dollars.

To address "problem 3" a bigger piston and bore size requires more piston to wall clearance. A huge piston may expand a few thousandths while a small 50cc piston will only expand a thousandth. Most builders adjust for this. Snowmobiles and many 4 strokes have bores over 80mm to even 88mms and instead of 3 or 4 thousandths clearance they will have about 5 to 8. This sounds like a problem not necessarily... "Thats how it is with a big piston."

Nick wrote

"The dome shape was causing the motor to force the explsion towards the walls and causing all sorts of detionation problems. Mine had craked a transfer port. Problem 2

Problem 3 is not offical but this is what I've been told. 73mm cheetahs have such a large bore it compromises the integrity of the cylinders because they are so thin, I kinda agree but I had also been told its possable tolerances are sometimes pushed threw, and this means pistons sometimes are to tight and have no room to expand. In either case, my pistons left some pretty nice skid marks on the walls."

Trinity has been told about their reverse squish problem and wrong dome design for years. Dont know why this has had to cost people thousands of dollars.

To address "problem 3" a bigger piston and bore size requires more piston to wall clearance. A huge piston may expand a few thousandths while a small 50cc piston will only expand a thousandth. Most builders adjust for this. Snowmobiles and many 4 strokes have bores over 80mm to even 88mms and instead of 3 or 4 thousandths clearance they will have about 5 to 8. This sounds like a problem not necessarily... "Thats how it is with a big piston."

On the dome we have a standard design that works well. Most people are not tuners or have access to a dyno. When we sell a kit to people we ask all of the necessary questions. When kits are ordered online it is up to the customer to choose the correct dome. What I am getting at is when you order a kit from a builder you will get the correct parts for the riding you are doing. As far as the pistons Millennium gets the specs from Wiseco. You are correct the bigger the piston the more clearance.