Chain stretching

My banshee is eating through chains.I fear it will snap,so i am swapping it out again.I originally had a non-o ring Tsubaki,then went to a DID oring. I trail ride this thing mostly,but i like to blitz whoops and hit some tables.

Its a 421 pushing 80 hp,is there a chain i should try next? Even though i have a case saver,i would hate to throw a chain through there.

I did ALOT of research before buying a new chain on my banshee, I ended up getting a Regina Chain and couldn't be happier. The quality is like no other chain I've ever ran, and it hasn't even stretched.

From what I've read alot of drag racing guys use Regina Chains...so they've got to be good IMO.

Here is what I run: http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/productDetail.do?navType=type&webTypeId=36&navTitle=Drive&webCatId=9&keyword=regina+chain&prodFamilyId=11961

you wont need 530 for a 421 mx style bike.. thats such a load.

you just need to stay away from 20 dolla stretchomatic chains..

also if you have sproket wear you should replace the sprokets and the chain as a set..

best chains i have used were all over 8500 tensil strength thats the key as to waht to look for my personal favorite is the RK mxz3 or 4

also make sure all your guids are there and the rollers are in place very important to chain life.

New chains will stretch SOME, it is just like breaking in a new top end, things have to wear into each other. I always have to adjust my DID o-ring chain after the first 1 or 2 rides and then it is usually good for a long time. As was said, buy a name brand o-ring chain with the highest tensile strength that you can afford and you should be good.

you wont need 530 for a 421 mx style bike.. thats such a load.

you just need to stay away from 20 dolla stretchomatic chains..

also if you have sproket wear you should replace the sprokets and the chain as a set..

best chains i have used were all over 8500 tensil strength thats the key as to waht to look for my personal favorite is the RK mxz3 or 4

also make sure all your guids are there and the rollers are in place very important to chain life.

I agree with all of this..

The RK MXZ4 chain is nice. used it last year. The MXZ4 replaced the MXZ3 Its a non sealed chain. If your looking for a sealed chain. The best I've found so far is the EK SRX chain that Jeff @ fast sells and the EK MXVZ chain

I bought the Tsubaki 520 Alpha XRG MX chain.it says its rated for 7900 and good on road bikes up to 100hp.

The one I have is on its 3rd adjustment and its near the end of the adjustment.

I can remember when its was mostly stock, any oring chain would last forever.Now its a new big $$ chain every year.

A on road bike usually always has the same traction when you are going threw the whoops or over rocks and what not you loosing traction and grabbing traction the whole time.

This is probably just to much load for the chain. Maybe a chain rated for double you hp or a chain made for a quad would be better.

Never said it was needed or rquired, just tougher and more expensive.

Actually, that's not true. The 530 chains aren't any stronger than 520 chains. The pitch between the two is the same. The 530 chains are generally weaker due to the pin length being longer. They have more of a chance to bend the pins than the 520 chains.

The whole reason I run a 530 chain is for sprocket width.

In this case, it sure sounds like something else is the issue. Is the carrier good and tight? Are the sprockets in good shape? I can't see stretching a chain that bad after three rides.