sniper pipes on a 421 hjr motor

banshee332

I sat here & read this whole thread, & from my understanding the thread is SUPPOSE to be about a review on sniper pipes tested on a HJR 421 CUB. When I read this thread I get the impression that you are publicly trying to convince everybody, that Kevin is not as good at what everybody claims he is far as engine buliding. You said on here multipal times that you had a HJR cub, that's obviously ported by Kevin to match your CPI's. Now I have a HJR motor ported by Kevin & his work is awesome. He ported my motor to match my pipes & etc. You said you had somebody else do more port work to the cylinders & threw on some snipers it ran better. Now if you sent the cylinders or motor back to kevin & told him you are going to try out some snipers. I honestly believe that he would have port matched the cylinders to match the snipers & got the engine to run alot better than they are running now with some tuning. My point is that you are comparing how Kevin ported the cylinders to CPI's & performed. Then had another builder go do some more port work for the snipers with tuning of course, & saying that it ran better. I bet if I sent my cylinders back to kevin & told him I need more power out of these cylinders he could do it with more port work & snipers. So like stated in a previous post you are comparing apples to watermelons. Big UPS to Kevin @ HJR.. JMHO :shrugani:

First off you need to re read then. Where do I say or try to convince people he is a bad engine builder? I said it was a bugger to get to run and it dident run all that well however I did not say hes not a good engine builder. Second of all where does it say that the porting was touched up for matching the snipers? There again it doesent. I said it was touched up and I tuned it in again with the cpis. After I tuned it in with the cpis I then tuned it in for the snipers. third of all this is not my motor.

so now can we get back on to the topic of the post.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this line right here is saying the HJR porting needed to be fixed.

He said it was touched up.. and he tuned it again. He didn't say it needed to be fixed.. He was just stating that the porting was altered.. and he tuned the motor again. I dont see the huge problem here.. Its getting blown way out of proportion...

He said it was touched up.. and he tuned it again. He didn't say it needed to be fixed.. He was just stating that the porting was altered.. and he tuned the motor again. I dont see the huge problem here.. Its getting blown way out of proportion...

I'm not here to bitch or piss anybody off. This is my HONEST OPINION>altered is the same thing as fixed/changed from original. Either way the porting was changed & wasn't the same way Kevin ported it. All i'm saying is that from this thread the guy says the HJR motor ran better with some touched up porting, tuning & sniper pipes. If I was buying that motor & he told me that, it would lead me to believe that I didn't get the best performance out of this cub from HJR porting. (Just a thought that would have came to my mind) I know this thread is about sniper pipes on a HJR motor. But a perfect review would be just tuning the motor & switching out the CPI's & snipers without any port touch up, alters & etc. Once the the porting been altered/touched up it's no longer a HJR motor. Again just my honest opinion... :shrugani:

I never said that you said he was a bad engine builder....I said you are leading people to believe that kevin is not as good as people claims he is far as engine building. Another thing if this is not your motor why are you making a post about somebody else's motor? Not being a dick but what's your purpose for if it did make more power. That's something the owner should've posted. :confused: I'm done with this thread.

Edited by 252wheelieking

I'm not here to bitch or piss anybody off. This is my HONEST OPINION>altered is the same thing as fixed/changed from original. Either way the porting was changed & wasn't the same way Kevin ported it. All i'm saying is that from this thread the guy says the HJR motor ran better with some touched up porting, tuning & sniper pipes. If I was buying that motor & he told me that, it would lead me to believe that I didn't get the best performance out of this cub from HJR porting. (Just a thought that would have came to my mind) I know this thread is about sniper pipes on a HJR motor. But a perfect review would be just tuning the motor & switching out the CPI's & snipers without any port touch up, alters & etc. Once the the porting been altered/touched up it's no longer a HJR motor. Again just my honest opinion... :shrugani:

I never said that you said he was a bad engine builder....I said you are leading people to believe that kevin is not as good as people claims he is far as engine building. Another thing if this is not your motor why are you making a post about somebody else's motor? Not being a dick but what's your purpose for if it did make more power. That's something the owner should've posted. :confused: I'm done with this thread.

He was merely stating the tune history of the motor.. If he didn't.. then there would be 500 questions about why didn't you try this.. or did you try that.. blah blah blah.. then there would have been the question who ported it to start with and we'd be back to square one. He stated the base lines.. stated the changes made..and stated the performance change. I thought it was a good write up about HIS experience with the sniper pipes.

He's making a post about his dealings with sniper pipes... I dont see a problem with that. You dont have to own a product to evaluate it.

On a side Note.. (OFF TOPIC.. I'm sorry) EVERY builder out there has customers not happy with their work.... There is people out there that think HJR "is not as good as people claims he is". That is a matter of opinion and people are entitled to that.

Nut huggers unite!!! PPP FTW!!! yelrotflmao.gif