Shearer pipes

CFH87

I'm going to be ordering shearers pipes here in the next week or 2 and was wondering about spark arrestors. I see that cobra offers one and then I was doing some looking around and found trinitys http://www.trinityracing.com/yamaha-banshee.html#exhausts Would this one work seeing as the end caps of the shearers are held in by 3 screws like the trinity pipes? Someone has to know this I would apreciate the help.

check out the R2 pipes by borrink performance, they machine the end cap to put on the toomey 3.0 spark arresters.

I love mine, they are killer pipes made here in MI

Edited by toytech

Here is some info on when I did my CPI Silencers. I cant remember the OD. of the spark arrestor where it slips inside the silencer body.

http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=114376&st=0&p=997746&hl=+cpi%20+trinity&fromsearch=1entry997746

The way some of the riding places are policed where these pipes get used, you would think that the MFG's would start to take recogniton and have some sort of spark arrestor system. It is like they expect you to go renagade and run no spark arrestor or be satisfied with clamp on sparkies that look like a$$ and scratch up the silencer.

Edited by jbooker82

If they ever get super anal around here I am going to put FMF Turbine Core II silencers on my CPI stinger tubes. FMF's turbine core II spark arrestor is "I Believe" a screen less spark arrestor. It has fins inside the silencer that spins the exhaust. This causes pices of carbon to be smashed and broken up on the outer walls.

A spark arrestor has to ethire trap particles to a certin size, or reduce carbon particles to a certian size.

That's what I'm saying abunch of fuckin tree huggers gotta rain on my parade and make my bike a little more sluggish. Member bansheehp gave me a good idea for spark arrestors that I'm gunna give a try.