bike not sitting even on all four's

Ok guys damn no problem there on helemts for now on an boots but still will like to here more on my bike I got more pics on it I will try an post tonight

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you went into the ditch at 5 mph (not mpg) then I doubt that's what bent your frame. It sounds like your shock gave up the ghost and the new ones aren't much better. Either way you have a bent frame.

Are your new pics of the bottom of the bike?

You forgot to take pics of the bottom.

Put it in 1st gear and lift up on the front end until the bike is vertical, don't forget to shut off the gas, and take some pics of the bottom of the frame.

It's hard to tell from the pictures but it's possible the upper shock mount is tweaked. If you lift the front of your bike up does the left side lower evenly with the right side or does it still sit higher?

You forgot to take pics of the bottom.

Put it in 1st gear and lift up on the front end until the bike is vertical, don't forget to shut off the gas, and take some pics of the bottom of the frame.

gotcha covered bro coming up now

It's hard to tell from the pictures but it's possible the upper shock mount is tweaked. If you lift the front of your bike up does the left side lower evenly with the right side or does it still sit higher?

yes if i pick up on the bike the tires even out

yes if i pick up on the bike the tires even out

It's gotta be your shock(s). I know you said you put a different shock on but try switching them around. Put the left shock on the right side and vice versa.

frames bent BUT loosen up the shock BOLTS! then put the bike on the ground and see if it comes back up. if the upper sleeve is kinda old when you have it up off the ground adn tighten the shock bolts then drop it back on the ground the upper will not piviot like is should and cause the shaft to get off center. and stick.

when you replace shocks put them on and leave the bolts loose then put it ont eh ground and move it up and down a lil bit then tighten the bolts for the shocks.

and get a helmet.. or dont i guess i dont really care.. not my head.

It's gotta be your shock(s). I know you said you put a different shock on but try switching them around. Put the left shock on the right side and vice versa.

ok i'll try tht at let you know

frames bent BUT loosen up the shock BOLTS! then put the bike on the ground and see if it comes back up. if the upper sleeve is kinda old when you have it up off the ground adn tighten the shock bolts then drop it back on the ground the upper will not piviot like is should and cause the shaft to get off center. and stick.

when you replace shocks put them on and leave the bolts loose then put it ont eh ground and move it up and down a lil bit then tighten the bolts for the shocks.

thnks cam i try that but i think your right an yes i will always have my helmet for now on an my bubby slowppoker says the same thing he just rolled his bike the other day

Thanks for the pics of the bottom of the frame.

I agree with camatv. The frame is bent but not too bad. Your bigger problem is probably your shocks. The sleeve could be worn and too small causing the shock to bind.