Stop the forest service.....

Exactly! And that's why I understand how trails get shut down! I dont get mad at the forest service, I get mad at the dumb fucking idiots who dont have respect for the land. Stay on the trails or lose them, pick up your fucking garbage too. Every little bit of evidence you leave is another fighting point for the tree huggers to bitch about then the forest service is required to do something about it. Some of the trails by my cabin are almost completely un-rideable anymore because of these dumb ass rednecks who rut up the trails so bad its not even worth trying to ride across.

And that is all I was saying. One person goes off the trails and lays the grass over. So then everybody else has to go do the " New" trail. The forest service is just the middle man. They dont get approval from the tree hugers, and they dont get approval from the off road comunity. They are their to promote responsible recreation off all aspects. There are only so many forest rangers to police the place and they cant see everything. The damage left behind is what they see, so the only way to control it is to close it.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand the litter and the off trail stuff but we are talking about dunes here not the rain forest. Do they close a interstate when people litter? Or knock every house over that looks like ass? You guys are right it sucks when a few bad eggs ruin shit but you could say the same thing for anything right now the world is full of special people. Does it mean we should close down riding area's hell no pack it in pack it clean your shit up. Nobody goes hiking in the dunes and vegetation come on. How many roads, homes, buildings etc do we build that completely fuckin wipe shit out?

I signed it!

Just think if everybody that signed the petetion had showed up during the initial planing phase how much stronger of a voice the off roading comunity would have had. Signing a petition is just a way for johny come lately's to voice their dissapproval.

Just think if everybody that signed the petetion had showed up during the initial planing phase how much stronger of a voice the off roading comunity would have had. Signing a petition is just a way for johny come lately's to voice their dissapproval.

Thats hard to do when people live 8-10 hours away, and they hold the public forum at the north bend library, they dont get on a blow horn and tell you what they are up to either. But surrender is not a option.