namura pistons?

i would have loved to buy some wiseco pro lites but im tight on money right now so i went with namura, hopefully they hold up long

I had some before & they are nowhere near wiseco prolites. It will cost you more money to buy them cheap cast iron pistons in the long run. Wiseco are stronger & lighter pistons. When mines went they shattered & damage my crank bearings & cylinders. Therefore costing my more money cause I wasted money on them being cheap at first. Then I brought wiseco prolites piston kit & new crank plus a fresh cylinder bore & hone.

Edited by 252wheelieking

Namuras are cast Wiseco are forged,2 totally different pistons,but If they are installed properly,they will last.

I had a banshee stolen from me that had a brand new namura top end in it.The police recovered it 2 years later in some ghetto.It had bald ass tires and looked nothing like the quad that was stolen.It looked like it was raced at every county fair over 2 summers.

It still had that Namura top end in it,definitely worn out,but none the less,a good set of pistons considering what the rest of the machine looked like.

I had some before & they are nowhere near wiseco prolites. It will cost you more money to buy them cheap cast iron pistons in the long run. Wiseco are stronger & lighter pistons. When mines went they shattered & damage my crank bearings & cylinders. Therefore costing my more money cause I wasted money on them being cheap at first. Then I brought wiseco prolites piston kit & new crank plus a fresh cylinder bore & hone.

I dont know about you.. but I've never ran cast iron pistons before..

I dont know about you.. but I've never ran cast iron pistons before..

the forged iron pistons are better and only weigh in at 6 lbs each....i run them with aluminum rings..

hmm the RULE is if your going to fit new pistons YOU better bore it. i have almost NEVER been able to reuse a previous bore due to wear. the skirts of any piston will break off and shatter.. its just going to happen.

i have been using the namura's on the last few budget low HP stocker rebuilds i have done. they seemed fine and the bikes all ran fine i did a bore,hone and they were seta t proper clearance and all other precations were taken ( clean engine assembly, proper lube, proper tuning after rebuild, proper oil/ gas mix) one motor i did a very long time ago lasted 3 years with no issues the rings finally wore out enough it just lost compression..

with any motor work you have to rember its a MACHINE it takes proper rebuilding techniques and measurement of vital parts is important.. just because theya re easy to work on dosent mean you can just cut corners. if cast pistons were weak evey newly built banshee would have needed a new topend in a year or less.. and i have seen them last over 5...