2 coils 1 spark

I have 2 different coils an I am only getting spark on one wire on each one. One is a stock coil the other is a brand new dyna with new wires. The stock coil was working when i took it off th dyna worked 1 time out now both have spark on one wire. Ive switched the boots from wire to wire switched wires on coils and checked pickup gap. I havent had a chance to hook a meter up to anything yet. Any ideas??? Other than 2 bad coils

the spark i do get is great on one. the other nothin at all. Technically dont both plugs fire at the same time with one pulse coil?? I did have some wires melt that were to close to the pipe and they kicked in a limiter, maybe the parking brake its disconnected but there are still wires in the harness. and that shouldnt cut spark out completely on one side.

Ill get a chance to check it out after work

i know the parking brake will bog the bike to the point of non-ridable.......and some have had issues with it not allowing the bike to run... i wonder if maybe your parking brake limiter is activated but the melted wires are only letting it limit one plug. either way it is an electrical gremlin that you have......and you need to take care of those melted wires before you can try and track down anything...

If you are getting good spark out of one wire then it has to be the coil. Actually, the wire on the coil as there is only one promary circuit feeding the coil to start with. If one sparks the the stator/cdi/coil is fine. Both wires should spark at the same time. At TDC and BDC with the *wasted spark* at BDC. Pick up gap, ohm readings on the stator, load readings on the coil all mean nothing if one plug wire is sparking fine. The problem *has* to be with the wire that isn't giving you spark.

SP

They were new plugs with one ride on them. I changed them and got it on both. Weird cause when i switched wires they had spark (out of the same side of the coil) Ive worked on a lot of banshees but never had thes happen. Anyway Im both have fire now so ill deal with it if it happens again