Pulled the clutch out, it's never been apart before.. missing something?

Clymer Manual. Page 156. Bottom of page part #17. The o-ring in the backside of the clutch basket wasn't there when I tore my motor apart. How important is this? Never seemed to have any problems without it. Apparently my banshee never came with one, maybe the motor got hungry for it. ha

clutchpic001.jpg

Edited by figuare9

Hmmm... Well what's weird is #17 doesn't seem to mesh up to anything, it doesn't seal anything, and to my knowledge it's completely useless.. lol

my clutch hasn't been apart, yet it didn't have this. but after looking at it's location, I can't see a purpose it serves.

Hmmm... Well what's weird is #17 doesn't seem to mesh up to anything, it doesn't seal anything, and to my knowledge it's completely useless.. lol

my clutch hasn't been apart, yet it didn't have this. but after looking at it's location, I can't see a purpose it serves.

I did not have #17 in my clutch when I pulled it down. I think it is a miss print .

Looks like yet another mistake in the Clymer manual. I know there have been a couple pointed out already.

1. Method for secondary coil testing

2. Coolant overflow bottle is refered to as the reservoir and they say to top up your coolant there, and not the radiator.

3. Clutch O-ring