coolant lines

need some help i just put my shee back together from ground up but i forget how all those lines run. i mean the lines that come from the resavoior tank and that T thing and the little line from the water pump. please help

I haven't run a res tank for years. The one under the water pump is just a vent and can be routed to T into the line connected with the vent on the rear of the transmission upper case have or plugged. Only the line under the water pump can be plugged (the new direct drive covers don't even have this vent), the vent on the rear of the tranny needs to be vented to atmosphere.

SP

need some help i just put my shee back together from ground up but i forget how all those lines run. i mean the lines that come from the resavoior tank and that T thing and the little line from the water pump. please help

I just plug off the vent line under the water pump. I ran the rear trans vent line up the center of the cards & under the tank up to the top of the steering stem. As for the coolant recovery tank. I ran the line from the rad cap down under the tank then down the right side of the sub frame to the coolant recovery tank & the over flow line runs right back up to the steering stem next to the trans vent line. Hope this help you out.

WFO

I just plug off the vent line under the water pump. I ran the rear trans vent line up the center of the cards & under the tank up to the top of the steering stem. As for the coolant recovery tank. I ran the line from the rad cap down under the tank then down the right side of the sub frame to the coolant recovery tank & the over flow line runs right back up to the steering stem next to the trans vent line. Hope this help you out.

WFO

it did help thanks and how do u not run the res tank?

alot of people have discovered that the stock location is a little strange for the bottle to actually work......i believe its too high. Which allows the tank to not function.......so alot of people will either move it to between the frame rails just behind the bumper....or remove it completely....

it will run with no resivour.....

thanks guys, cause i did a frame up rebuild on my banshee and when i put the engine in i couldnt for the life of my figure out where the coolant overflow line went lol, i didnt know if it went some place special or not, lol. honestly how effective is the stock banshee coolant overflow tank and how much does it help, because i go on all day trail rides riding in places where the shee could easily overheat, should i run it or forget about it?

alot of people have discovered that the stock location is a little strange for the bottle to actually work......i believe its too high. Which allows the tank to not function.......so alot of people will either move it to between the frame rails just behind the bumper....or remove it completely....

it will run with no resivour.....

too high or too far back there? mine would never draw coolant back into the radiator like its supposed to as it cools. ended up ditching it and calling it a day.:rotflmao: