Leak down test

I took apart my clutch to replace my shift shaft oil seal, and I was wondering do I need to do a leak down test since I took off my clutch cover? I did one anyways, and it leaked 2psi in 6mins. I did a prior leak down test before I took off my clutch cover, and it leaked half a pound in 6mins. I checked for leaks on my clutch cover, and no bubbles are showing a leak. I have no clue why I would lose 2psi in 6mins...any suggestions?

no i wouldnt of thought so, the crank case and trans are split. if your loosing 2 in 6 you need to find where its leaking. make sure its not the gauge or fittings thats leaking. go around with soapy water.

I'm gonna buy new covers for my exhaust ports. I think it's wore out, and maybe leaking air. But I haven't found any bubbles at all

Hell I had one lose 3-4 in 6 minutes, didn't leak anywhere that I could find. Tried sealing up the clutch side keyway and I guess it was still leaking some. I'm running it anyways. Been to the dunes twice and the track once and no ill problems.

Hell I had one lose 3-4 in 6 minutes, didn't leak anywhere that I could find. Tried sealing up the clutch side keyway and I guess it was still leaking some. I'm running it anyways. Been to the dunes twice and the track once and no ill problems.

I would check your test gauge. I have a gauge leak from the inside & that was my loss.

I would check your test gauge. I have a gauge leak from the inside & that was my loss.

Possibly. I sprayed soapy water over the entire motor and only found issues at the crank key. Sealed it up (which it could still be leaking I guess) and it still leaked and I said eff it. Been running since.

look on clutch side primary drive gear,the little keyway will leak or bad crank seal,I dont let a motor leave till its tight (no loss)

I always yamabond the hell out of the gears and keyway there. I like everything tight. Makes me sleep better.

SP

X2

Thanks guys...can someon post a pic on the crank key..if it's leaking air on my clutch side, it won't hurt my pistons will it? Thanks...and yes I checked for leaks around my spark plugs, and tester, and no leaks.