getting shocked by kill switch

I was out in the back yard riding my shee for a few minutes since it had been sitting for a week or two and I bumped my hand against the metal end on the Pro Design kill switch and got a nice jolt lol. Do I have the two wires backwards or something? I remember reading about this happening a while back but I can't seem to find anything with the search on here. Help me out....I'm sure it's something stupid simple. Thanks.

I was out in the back yard riding my shee for a few minutes since it had been sitting for a week or two and I bumped my hand against the metal end on the Pro Design kill switch and got a nice jolt lol. Do I have the two wires backwards or something? I remember reading about this happening a while back but I can't seem to find anything with the search on here. Help me out....I'm sure it's something stupid simple. Thanks.

If the wires were backwards it wouldn't run. The only way you get shocked is if you provide a better circuit to ground than your wiring does. Check your connections and if your system shuts off by grounding the ignition circuit (older wiring harnesses closed the circuit to complete the path in the ignition system instead of grounding them out to stop) then make sure you have a good ground to the frame.

SP