what kind of pipes do you use?

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im planning on completely rebuilding the motor but just keeping it stock for now with a little porting, pipes, reeds, new tires, extended j-arms and axle, then i just want to clean it up real nice like new plastics and a powdercoated frame. i ride in alot of long straight aways near cornfields and do dirt drags and hillclimbs, im hardly ever in tight trails or goings any slower than 3rd

if your doing alot of drag racing and that id go with a cpi or shearer and if you do trails and need the bottom end id probably go with some fmf.

I have personally never ran shearer or fmf just read about what kid of pipe they are. Have your cylinders ported for what you want to do and you should be good to go.

everyone i have ever talked to where i drag at tells me to stay away from fmf"s for some reason? i drag at a little place that is connected to alot of trails and hillclimbs and there are always built 450's and 421 banshees sittin at the strip just waitin for someone to race

yeah fmf's are for low end power if your looking for drag racing forsure stick with the cpi or shearer! give brandon a call at wildcard he will hook you up with a good port job and let him know i sent ya!

Hes got a 4mil cheetah of mine right now and helped me out with a 7 cub

alright thanks, i was looking at a cheap set of dmc 916 pipes a friend of mine has i could get them off of him for 100, what are they good for doing?

They are a good general pipe. They give good power through out the rpm range.

CPI's, Shearer's, Rocktes, Sniper's, are drag pipes. Their power deilvery is geared twards top end. Some come on sooner and pull a little better down low. Others build a few hp up top. CPI's are a popular choice for high speed general riding due to the fact that they come on sooner and pull pretty good from the midrange to top end. Shearers suposedly have a harder hit higher up in the rpms, and make a few hp over the CPI's. With a 2 stroke your always exchanging something to gain something. You want bottom end it is going to cost you top end and vise versa.

CPI's have been compaired to Toomey T5's on sterroids.

I run CPI's because they are hard pulling top end pipe that still maintains a desent midrange.

100_2148.jpg