bottom end question

Hi, i did a complete rebuild on my engine including switching the tranny into a set of 2001 cases from a BHQ member, and after i had it assembled i noticed the shift fork rods are open out by the sprocket, but the old 1993 cases had metal plugs in these holes, how do i get them out and put them in the new cases, any help would really be apreciated, thanks guys.

Hi, i did a complete rebuild on my engine including switching the tranny into a set of 2001 cases from a BHQ member, and after i had it assembled i noticed the shift fork rods are open out by the sprocket, but the old 1993 cases had metal plugs in these holes, how do i get them out and put them in the new cases, any help would really be apreciated, thanks guys.

put the shift fork rods back in, find a rod with the same diameter and hammer it out from the clutch side. I came across 1 case that had jb weld

around those pugs. I guess the previous owner had problems with it coming loose.

Yes, they are a one time use so you will need to get new ones from Yamaha. They are shown on the same parts diagram as the shift forks and the part number is 90334-10006-00. I have never seen any at the auto parts store that were small enough. If you reuse them and they come out while riding, you will lose your tranny oil and have to haul it back becuase with no oil in the tranny you don't want to tow it and have all the bearings and gears turning without oil. Not worth reusing to save $7.

You can get the little aluminum plugs from cascade innovations. You can put them in with the cases together no problem. Just make sure you have them flat and flush before you pound them into the case. You don't want them to go in crooked or it can wallow out the hole and they will never seal.