Back fire after cable broke

I was in west virginia last week and my throttle cable broke. So I replaced it. ran good for about an hour ... jumped a few times and then it fell on its face. It backfires out right side. slides are even carbs were cleaned and can't find anything wrong with the cable .. I switched plug wire friom side to side still backfired in right side. both plugs are black ish color. I run 93 octane with blenzall oil about 2 ounces a gallon of gas. I took reeds out seem fine. anyone have any ideas as to were I should start to look.

2 ounces per gallon? isn't that running 64:1? that's pretty lean......im starting to wonder if you've toasted a set of rings....

since you've already cleaned the carbs.....i'd do a compression test and also a leak-down test before you start tearing the head off to look at your pistons and rings...

If your plugs are black just try a new set. :cheers:

I replace the plugs still does it. From what I can tell the reeds look fine they are white and not broken. It doesn't have a steady exhaust out right pipe it kinda misses out right side. But when I looked in the carb through air boxes at slides i noticed it was making fire in the right carb. Also I used a zip tie to get it back home in the handle bar part of cable and missed a piece of old cable and when I took it for a test ride the throttle stuck open due to the old junk in it. hasn' t been right since. Thanks for your help I think its the rings myself but I got to get a tester.

2 ounces per gallon? isn't that running 64:1? that's pretty lean......im starting to wonder if you've toasted a set of rings....

since you've already cleaned the carbs.....i'd do a compression test and also a leak-down test before you start tearing the head off to look at your pistons and rings...

X2 on the 2 ounces, that is 64:1. I would at least use 3 ounces, that would put you at 43:1. At 60:1 you probably roasted a piston or rings. Do a leakdown on it before you pull it apart. Did you take the reed cages out of the cylinders, what do the pistons look like?

X2 on the 2 ounces, that is 64:1. I would at least use 3 ounces, that would put you at 43:1. At 60:1 you probably roasted a piston or rings. Do a leakdown on it before you pull it apart. Did you take the reed cages out of the cylinders, what do the pistons look like?

I didnt pull anything apart yet. I was hoping to find a tester first. I am pretty sure something is fried on right side. I did pull reeds out of head from carb side of motor couldn't see anything that looked bad.