Modification

Hello im new to the form and just to start out i would like to ask a question.

What is the best modification to a banshee for the price. im on a limited budget. :cheers:http://bansheehq.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/beer.gif

A service manual. That way you can minimize the economic impact of everything in your Banshee future.

A service manual. That way you can minimize the economic impact of everything in your Banshee future.

Best answer ever to this age old question.

Welcome to BHQ !! :cheers: Few questions for you. What type of riding areyou going to do? What is currently done to it? How much of your money do you want us to help you blow for your first "FIX" of your new addiction? :jesterlaugh:

Welcome to the hq. Porting your cylinders is the best thing you can do for the money. Weather you plan on just playing around in your back yard or if you want to full out drag you can have it ported to what you want. I would talk to some of the site sponcers and see what they would recckmend as far as what type of port job. If you looking for just bolt on stuff then I would say pipes, cool head, timing plate.... Oh and don't forget about tge boost bottle. Lol.

One thing that is never addressed on here as a performance improver is maintainence- make sure everything is adjusted properly and correctly lubed and assembled correctly- including correctly torqued with a torque wrench. That way everything will turn freely and smoothly and it will take less energy to move the bike so it will be faster. Also make sure you use good quality lubricants.

If the bike is completely stock and you can only afford 1 mod at a time, I would get a set of pipes first. Then improve your air filter by either going to pods or adding a pro flow adapter and removing the lid from your air box. The next step is to increase your compression by cutting and chambering the stock head or buying a Noss head with replaceable domes, and then bump your timing- this can be done for free if you read the thread on here about modifying you stock timing plate or you can spend $50 for a BILLET plate from Chariot. At this point you are going to want to address some reliability issues- weld your crank, heavier clutch springs, a billet water pump impeller, make sure you kick idler gear bushing is good, etc. You may also want to improve your shifting by grinding the star and/or putting in an easy shift kit. You can also do the FAST mod to the shift shaft( there is a thread for this also). You are also going to want to address the suspension by at least getting better shocks and maybe different control arms and maybe a longer swingarm. While you are in the motor, you may want to port the cylinders-you can port the reed cages also and add better reed petals or you can buy V Force reeds.I would not worry about going to bigger carbs until you have the bike ported. From here you will be looking at strokers and big bores and spending lots of money.

Edited by bansheesandrider

• 5 weeks later...