R6 shocks

Glenyboy

Hi there, from what info I can find people say not to fit r6 shocks with the horizontal resi, why is this? Just that most of the ones that are for sale are like this and the ones with the vertical resi are over 3 times as much money! Also with a set fitted does it alter the camber a lot? Just don't fancy wearing my road tyres out very quickly.

Im sure I've seen quite a few on here running them on the front aswell, and running a stock swingarm and front arms? I've seen a few of the banshee road bikes over here in England that claim to run the fronts, aswell as that guy from holland in the general banshee section

Hi there, from what info I can find people say not to fit r6 shocks with the horizontal resi, why is this? Just that most of the ones that are for sale are like this and the ones with the vertical resi are over 3 times as much money! Also with a set fitted does it alter the camber a lot? Just don't fancy wearing my road tyres out very quickly.

I don't know how long the shocks are off the top of my head, but you will most likely have caster/camber issues with them on stock arms. If possible, pick up a set of aftermarket a-arms with either adjustable ball joints, or heims, that you can accommodate your caster angle.

Wait, so I must be behind the curve. you can put r1 and r6 shocks on the rear of a banshee? How much lower than stock are they? I ride the dunes and do some jumping, hillshoots and drags. Will either one of those shocks work for my type of riding? What years of the r6 and r1 work?

the shocks are used on the rear they are VERY short they work GREAt on DRAG BIKES the rear end gets very very low. on the rear they work amaxingle well.

no you cannot jump with them

they really need corect spacers built to mount right.

they make the rear end run about 2-3 inches of travel depending on swingarm length.

i have seen guys with them on the front for a drag bike. they also limit travel DOWN on a front end makes it weelie a lil less due to geo and lower center of grav. i like a r-1/6 rear with WORKS steeler ont he front for dune dragging. not as stiff as marvins and weight is not that much. takes whoops much better at speed also.