my serval

I took my serval out over the weekend and was drag racing at silver lake. The drag is set up so the start is in very wet sand. The motor ran great. The clutch on the other hand was not so great on the drags. It could not hold the power. I currently am using a toomey clutch with 100% stiffer springs. (Not the easiest to pull) So.. when I got home I ordered my lock up. I am going back in two weeks and will report back on how I like it with the lock up.

I took my serval out over the weekend and was drag racing at silver lake. The drag is set up so the start is in very wet sand. The motor ran great. The clutch on the other hand was not so great on the drags. It could not hold the power. I currently am using a toomey clutch with 100% stiffer springs. (Not the easiest to pull) So.. when I got home I ordered my lock up. I am going back in two weeks and will report back on how I like it with the lock up.

Shane is running a FAST clutch with no lockout on his Serval, and there hasn't been an issue with slippage so far.

jeff at FAST advised against the lockout and said to see how it did with just the clutch unless we were going to make the serval have a ton of hp and torque. The lockout will add bite, but its also going to add rotating weight to that clutch basket assembly.

What is your serval setup like?

I went with an undercover slingshot. Cheap and using light springs provides a light clutch pull. More expensive than a good clutch but i hate 6 HD springs.

Yep. That is what I got. The 6 hd springs suck. They worked on my ported 350 but so far have not worked for me on the serval.

We have 7mm re-sleeved cub motors running just heavy duty clutches without an issue, so I am not sure I feel the same way about the lockout. I am not gonna run one when I put in my Serval from everything I have seen on Shane's motor so far.

I haven't had mine in the sand yet, but I did have it on the dyno and I did not have any slipping. As Snop said, it's the fast heavy duty clutch with 6 heavy springs. The lever is a little stiff but I have one of the easy pull levers with the bearing in it. I do have a slingshot incase this doesn't hold up at the dunes next weekend. I just don't want to add the extra weight to the tranny if I don't have to.