mods?

jonvia

I have a 2000 banshee bored 65.5mm with the PJ 34mm carbs. also the fat boy 2 pipes and silencers.I want to see more power, what would be a few good, easy mods to do? or mabey get a different set of pipes? the pipes i have are the midrange. i just want some opinions.im sure you get this question alot haha.

I have a 2000 banshee bored 65.5mm with the PJ 34mm carbs. also the fat boy 2 pipes and silencers.I want to see more power, what would be a few good, easy mods to do? or mabey get a different set of pipes? the pipes i have are the midrange. i just want some opinions.im sure you get this question alot haha.

reeds,timing advance, cylinder head shaved .020, portwork,

what are the best reeds? i used the vforce 3 on my blaster and they did great. vforce 3? or boysen reeds?

I have v3 reeds I like them, I also run a intake with a built in crossover, like the one from chariot performance.

I think it's like a ford vs chevy thing myself, they are both good reed sets

Edited by toytech

I have v3 reeds I like them, I also run a intake with a built in crossover, like the one from chariot performance.

I think it's like a ford vs chevy thing myself, they are both good reed sets

hmmmm... hard decision lol. the boysen power reeds are cheaper though, so idk. is port work easy to do yourself?

hmmmm... hard decision lol. the boysen power reeds are cheaper though, so idk. is port work easy to do yourself?

no portwork is best left to the pros, I had Jeff at fast racing port my cyl's

he is a site sponcer on bhq

Edited by toytech

hmm i see.how much per cylinder did he charge you? lol.

mine needed bored, new pistons, ported, complete gasket set , speacial domes made for the stroker crank, everything was around $800 and well worth every penny!

Edited by toytech

If you send them to him I believe it's anywhere from 250 to 400 for just port work no boring or anything. It all depends on what type of porting you do and how much time he has to spend on them. He built my buddies 4mil dune port and that thing hauls ass. He also built my 4mil serval but I haven't gotten to run it yet. Great guy to deal with.

• 2 weeks later...

i agree porting would prbobly be your next step,, personaly i would just put a cubb on it, i realy like the feel of them.but i have been noticeing that more and more people are porting stock cylinders to run realy hard. so its kinda up to you, maybe if you were gonna do more racing go with bigger carbs or even the switch to alky.. :D

• 1 month later...