3 Banshee rebuilds in 5 weeks!

BansheeDFW

I am fairly new to banshees and the forums and haven't quite got the adding pics down yet... I decided to just add them as a link. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I had been stocking up on parts for a few months. I decided i was going to knock out all three of my banshee rebuilds in time to take a trip to Little Sahara for spring break 5 weeks away. After a lot of 2am nights and half awake days at work I managed to finish the last one just in time to pack and leave the next morning. I can't say it was fun, but I'm glad I did it now. I did all my own powder coat except the candy blue frame because my gun just didn't have the power to lay on the candy coat evenly. I want to give a special thanks to Custom Powder Coat of Dallas for a quick turn around and an awesome job on the last frame! Here is all three bikes before and after. The yellow bike went back to almost stock and was mainly a donor for parts on the others. I traded my brother a free trip and ride on the yellow bike for some help on the rebuilds.

Banshee Rebuilds

They all look great! I know how much of a handful it can be rebuilding so many at once.shoothead.gif

What a arms are you running on the blue bike?

They are MGC +3+1 JD Performance arms. It was my first dealings with Dave at JD Performance. He had a little trouble with the powder but the build quality is top notch. I had him add the needle bearing upgrade to them also. Ive never had a set of a arms without zerk fittings. They also don't use the stock seal caps either. They have a o-ring that sits in groove to seal off between the frame and bushing. Time will tell how it works...So far I really like them!

By the way anyone checking out the link notice the precision frame work being done at the Trails Inn in Waynoka? My brother was going big on the jumps until he missed the peg and got sucked between the peg and rear tire! He layed up the second day recovering from the crash. It knocked the front right and left rear tires off the beads while cart wheeling a few times. Besides the tires the only damage was the frame! It bent right back and didnt even crack the powder coat! All the bodywork and everything lined right back up after. He kept riding it for the rest of the trip without a problem. Gotta love the soft sand!

Im at work and tried to look at the bikes, now Im pissed I cant see them. If you ever need any help with builds let me know, I am less than 10-15 minutes away for ya. I live on the west side of Arlington at Little Road and I20.

I upgraded to a premium membership. Ill try to attach a few after pics directly.post-39741-0-22986300-1300771340_thumb.jpg

Ah my mistake, didn't read closely enough.

The MGC style a arms are what I've been looking to go with. Those don't seem too terribly priced either.

Let me know the length of those elka's you've got on there DFW when you get a chance.

Thanks.

Trick I am running 17.5 inch Elka elites. Give Dave a call, I am sure he can make a set for the longer 19.75" shocks too. Just FYI Dave Herron @ JD Performance was the former chasis builder for Laeger when they were at the top. His a arms and service are top notch. You wont be disappointed. The ball joints on my arms are large and the way they interlock into the lower arm is strong and impressive. Highly recommend compared to any arms I have owned to date.