Lower Case Scoring

Long story short my top end blew up. The right piston was the cause. When i split the cases and got the crank out i noticed it scratched up the case under the crank. I know its not good but should i be that worried about it? Its early here and dont feel like getting p to get the camara. The marks are not that deep but still really noticable. Ill get pics A.S.A.P.

Long story short my top end blew up. The right piston was the cause. When i split the cases and got the crank out i noticed it scratched up the case under the crank. I know its not good but should i be that worried about it? Its early here and dont feel like getting p to get the camara. The marks are not that deep but still really noticable. Ill get pics A.S.A.P.

Are you sure your crank is OK? Usually scoring of the case is caused by the rod bearing being bad in the crank and the rod itself drags on the cases. Or could it be previous damage? Either way it is OK to run.

Make sure there's no cracks in the cases from bending the aluminum. If it's just gouged a little bit, it'll be fine. Sand it a little bit, and make sure the case mating surfaces don't have any burs, and run it.

Make sure you don't sand the case mating surfaces. lol I saw a guy take a rotary abrasion wheel to his cases once. That wasn't pretty. I agree with everyone else, just take some sandpaper and clean up the trench below the crank. Don't go all crazy, just enough to get it cleaned up.