Powder coating my serval cylinders

For parts where you want to get heat out of a part instead of holding it in a part, our BBE coating is applied to

help pull heat out of base metal. BBE is commonly used on intercoolers, air cooled cylinders, air cooled heads and brake calipers. Though the primary purpose of the coating is to improve cooling, the coating does offer a durable semi-gloss black finish

http://www.swaintech.com/store.asp?pid=10968

http://nitroplate.com/ws/?page_id=112

NitroPlate Bright is a highly polished aluminum ceramic coating capable of withstanding 1300 degrees. It has excellent thermal properties. This cuts down on under hood heat, increases horsepower and helps in scavenging of the exhaust.

...meaning it retains heat. Decreasing tempuratures under the hood is a result of less heat transfer/radiation. The claim that it helps to scavenge exhaust is because it keeps the INSIDE of the pipe hotter reducing exhaust gases from cooling. Cooler gases are denser and "weigh" more making it a little harder to push out the exhaust than hotter gases. Whether it has much merit or not, the principal for this post is all the same. It would be a dumb idea to coat your cylinders in something that retains heat...

Bare cast metal will transfer the most heat to outside air. Polishing decreases this.

These are liquid cooled machines guys. Not blasters. The outer shell of your cylinders won't amount to a measurable amount of cooling. The debate about raw metal VS. powder coating or Ceramic coating would only be valid if the quad is off and trying to be cooled while sitting. Still the water is what needs to be cooled and cooling the radiator will do that. I personally have fully polished and Ceramic coated cheetah cylinders. Cooling is NOT and issue. I've also seen chromed and painted radiators work just fine. Paint, polish, powder your stuff any way you want. Your motor won't know the difference.

...meaning it retains heat. Decreasing tempuratures under the hood is a result of less heat transfer/radiation. The claim that it helps to scavenge exhaust is because it keeps the INSIDE of the pipe hotter reducing exhaust gases from cooling. Cooler gases are denser and "weigh" more making it a little harder to push out the exhaust than hotter gases. Whether it has much merit or not, the principal for this post is all the same. It would be a dumb idea to coat your cylinders in something that retains heat...

Bare cast metal will transfer the most heat to outside air. Polishing decreases this.

Yea i saw it didn't know much about figured it was a thought.... i was also hoping that some one had some input on it for other parts

They will be fine. :)