pwk 28's or bust?

Before I go and spend $300+ dollars on a pwk 28 switch, would it be worth while?

Altitude: 800-1500

Setup:

.10 over bore w/ stock cylinders

port cleanup

+4 timing

head milled .30 (stock head)

vforce reeds

t5's

k&n pods w/ no airbox

145 psi of compression

If the gains aren't really that much, I don't plan on doing this. But I have 350 as main jets and I figured that was pretty huge and I thought my setup was just begging for more. What do you guys think? What jetting would you recommend and where do I pick up a nice set of these (other than ebay)

Before I go and spend $300+ dollars on a pwk 28 switch, would it be worth while?

Altitude: 800-1500

Setup:

.10 over bore w/ stock cylinders

port cleanup

+4 timing

head milled .30 (stock head)

vforce reeds

t5's

k&n pods w/ no airbox

145 psi of compression

If the gains aren't really that much, I don't plan on doing this. But I have 350 as main jets and I figured that was pretty huge and I thought my setup was just begging for more. What do you guys think? What jetting would you recommend and where do I pick up a nice set of these (other than ebay)

You would get more power right away, for less money by switching to the Vito's Pro Stock pistons vs. getting the 28's. You really won't see a big difference with that carb switch till you closer to 50-55 HP. I'd stick with what you have for now. Look in the dyno section for a post called random dyno posts. There is a nice comparison of a few stock cylinder motors tested there, and it has the mods needed to cheaply get you to 63 HP. One of the LAST things they do is go to a 28mm carb.

Hope that helps answer your question. :cheers:

Or spend the 300 on a dune port job. Who did the clean up port?

a friend of mine and he's a member on here.

to the guy above, different pistons would really be worth all that hassle/trouble?

I thought about the dune port, how much hp increase is that worth?

The only problem is I may do a 4 mil build later on, will that port job affect that in the future? I was assuming it would

a friend of mine and he's a member on here.

to the guy above, different pistons would really be worth all that hassle/trouble?

I thought about the dune port, how much hp increase is that worth?

The only problem is I may do a 4 mil build later on, will that port job affect that in the future? I was assuming it would

The pistons he is talking about have a notch cut out of the dome so the exhaust port opens sooner. It mimicks a port job. Yea you should wait on the porting if your going to build a 4 mill because more than likely your cylinders will not be able to be reported. You also have to be honist with your self too. You can spend for ever holding off on porting to build a 4mill and then end up never building it. A dune ported stock stroke banshee runs hard. It is a huge increase in power. I guess i would save the 300 twards a 4mill crank and porting if that is what the end goal is. I wouldn't bother doing new pistons because that money could be put twarks the 4mill build.

Thanks guys, and my stock crank isn't welded so I am assuming i'll be having to replace a crank soon anyway so if I do i'll just go with a 4 mil. I'm sure a 4 mil would like those 28 mm's better anyway so he's right about it setting me up for the future. I heard they're easier to tune as well?

I appreciate the timely response!

yea they are easier to tune or that is what I have herd. I havn't ever had the stock mikuni carbs. My banshee came with PJ34's. I hated them and bought a pair of pwk 33's. If you going to end up with a dune ported banshee ethire stock stroke or 4mill then the PWK's would be a good carb for them. If you want to buy them now the I would and not look back.

You just have to rember the more your engine is built the larger the gain you will see.

Edited by jbooker82

i have ported stockers so that they can be made into a 4 mill later.

the pwk's are a nice addition along with just a better built carb they are a lil easier to tune

i have ran 410-420 mains on stock carbs on cubs so 350's aren't that big.