How cheap is too cheap when buying a banshee?

Hi i wanna buy a banshee but i have some problems...: 1.on craigslist there are banshees that go for really cheap but they have the shit modded out of them.2. I dont wanna buy a stock banshee because i dont know how to mod anything...3. I dont have alot of dough (saying im only 13) and im not getting a little slow blaster.. If i do buy a banshee i want it to be reliable... And how would i know?

Edited by Yamahabansheebros

Hi i wanna buy a banshee but i have some problems...: 1.on craigslist there are banshees that go for really cheap but they have the shit modded out of them.2. I dont wanna buy a stock banshee because i dont know how to mod anything...3. I dont have alot of dough (saying im only 13) and im not getting a little slow blaster.. If i do buy a banshee i want it to be reliable... And how would i know?

It depends who you are really. I would buy a blown up junker for 500 bucks and have it running pretty quick. But I guess you say you cant mod it yourself so im just assuming you cant fix a broken stock one either. If i were you I would take a friend that maybee knows a thing or two about a 2 stroke preferably a banshee and go check out the ones you say are modded. Save you money in the long run too. you can focus on other go fast goodies. Its an addiction and your always going to want to do something else after you realize what you just did only satisfied you for about one run lol. good luck.

I live in Oregon too. From what I have seen, fairly clean stockers with about $1,000 worth of aftermarket pipes, tires, wheels, etc. can be bought for $1,300 to $1,700. If you step up to the $2,200 to $3,000 range, you can get as much as $7,000 worth of aftermarket goodies. But, even though stepping up gets you a better deal, it can also buy you more mechanical problems, because it has been rode hard. Regardless of what you get, don't buy without a title. I know many are sold that are not stolen, and the title has just been lost a few buyers ago, but the problem can be if you ever "lose" it, you have no way of proving it's yours.

My son picked up his blaster for $100, needed a clutch and has crappy brakes. Picked up his 87 Banshee for $1100, didn't run good and needed other work, couple hundred. Bottom line is you could get a decent Blaster for $600 + or a reliable Banshee for &1500. Not saying you can"t find a good deal for either, depends on luck and location. :cheers:

This one looks like a good deal. According to the phone#, it's in the Longview, WA area, so about a 100 mile drive for you. But if it's everything he says it is, it's worth the drive, especially if you can talk him down a bit. There are a few BHQ members in that area. I know Builder (formerly Motor Builder) is in Battle ground.

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/mcy/2260615753.html

This one looks like a good deal. According to the phone#, it's in the Longview, WA area, so about a 100 mile drive for you. But if it's everything he says it is, it's worth the drive, especially if you can talk him down a bit. There are a few BHQ members in that area. I know Builder (formerly Motor Builder) is in Battle ground.

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/mcy/2260615753.html

Thanks for the link man maybe ill look but i would need some moeee cash... Theres this guy that lives about a mile from me and he lives kinda on a backroad but i drive by his house ocasionally and theres always a bunch of banshees and trailers in front... Maybe ill go to him and ask who i shouod buy from..

Thanks for the link man maybe ill look but i would need some moeee cash... Theres this guy that lives about a mile from me and he lives kinda on a backroad but i drive by his house ocasionally and theres always a bunch of banshees and trailers in front... Maybe ill go to him and ask who i shouod buy from..

Well how much green do you have to deal with?

I think a better question is how much riding experience are you working with? Are you moving up from anything or just wanting to jump in head first at 13 on a banshee?

I was in the same boat as you when I was 12 and looking for my first larger wheeler. Wanted a banshee or 250R with a passion but couldn't swing it so I settled for a blaster. Ended up being an awesome quad with a lot of potential, even though I did everything possible to it before I let it go and stepped up it was the lack of power in the beginning, having to ride it on the ragged edge and be a better rider to keep up with the bigger quads, it was the experience I got from it that was worth more than anything.

The blasters are easier and cheaper to work on and learn the mechanics for a youngster such as yourself, they're cheaper used, not over powered but still enough pep to keep you up with just about any other larger quad in the woods, very light weight so it responds better to body language of a lighter rider which is extremely important in handling more power down the line.

I don't want you to feel like I'm talking down to you saying you can handle a banshee because you are young, that's not what I mean. Just trying to stress how important it is to work your way up and grow as a rider. I am so glad now that I started with the blaster, like they say, it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow. headbang.gif

I think a better question is how much riding experience are you working with? Are you moving up from anything or just wanting to jump in head first at 13 on a banshee?

I was in the same boat as you when I was 12 and looking for my first larger wheeler. Wanted a banshee or 250R with a passion but couldn't swing it so I settled for a blaster. Ended up being an awesome quad with a lot of potential, even though I did everything possible to it before I let it go and stepped up it was the lack of power in the beginning, having to ride it on the ragged edge and be a better rider to keep up with the bigger quads, it was the experience I got from it that was worth more than anything.

The blasters are easier and cheaper to work on and learn the mechanics for a youngster such as yourself, they're cheaper used, not over powered but still enough pep to keep you up with just about any other larger quad in the woods, very light weight so it responds better to body language of a lighter rider which is extremely important in handling more power down the line.

I don't want you to feel like I'm talking down to you saying you can handle a banshee because you are young, that's not what I mean. Just trying to stress how important it is to work your way up and grow as a rider. I am so glad now that I started with the blaster, like they say, it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow. headbang.gif

Good point..