Please help with carb emergency

Ok guys need some emergency help. U was doing idle screw part of tors removal and read the pinned how to on here. Well, trying to put threads all the way thru and the tap must have smashed them too. So now the screw just slides in....

What do I do? Fill hole with jb weld and re drill and tap, just not all the way in?

The tap got thicker after the threads ended. I think it smashed the threads it just cut. So now the idle screw just slides in.

I used the tap that came with the kit from motiin pro. I was trying to follow the directions in the how to article pinned here. It said to make sure the threads go all way into venturi. Well that screwed up the one side. On the other side I just tapped it till the threads on tap were at end of protrusion, and it fits perfect.

Did you look thru the venture when you were taping it to make sure you didn't run into the wall on the other side?

If you know how to tig weld I would possibly try that or get some magnasteel. They have it in a aluminum version. Pack the hole as much as possible and re drill and tap.

Magnasteel is a 2 part putty that you roll in your hand to mix the 2 parts and when it dries it's just like steel or aluminum if you get that version. I'm pretty sure you can get it at most auto parts stores. Jb weld might work I just don't know about tapping it.

Just be real careful with doing it and make sure you really fill the hole good. You don't want to get an air leak and lean that cylinder out. Then you'll be rebuilding. If it doesn't work out for you I've got a set of stock carbs with tors removed already I can sell you.

Update.. Drilled the hole which I filled with jb weld, tapped it, and the threads hold. Works great, slides go up and down smoothly.

New carb tops look sweet compared to the old tors ones.

Now im working on getting cable adjusted.

And with that... The part of the carb top where the cable goes in, should that be tight or is the fitting loose? the tube in the cable slides in the tube on the carb top which I use to adjust. But should I put some shrink tubing on it? It can just oull out, im afraid water could get in?

Update.. Drilled the hole which I filled with jb weld, tapped it, and the threads hold. Works great, slides go up and down smoothly.

New carb tops look sweet compared to the old tors ones.

Now im working on getting cable adjusted.

And with that... The part of the carb top where the cable goes in, should that be tight or is the fitting loose? the tube in the cable slides in the tube on the carb top which I use to adjust. But should I put some shrink tubing on it? It can just oull out, im afraid water could get in?

The motionpro cable should have rubber sleeves on it already. mine did and I just Slid them down to cover the threads down to the lock nut.