long rods?

dunbar

i have a 01 shee with a cool head runing 110, 370 big bore, 34 mm carbs, toomey pipes, k&n, the bottom end is stock i want to put 115mm rods in it can i put them in with the stock crank or should i upgrade that as well, also what is a better brand, also i just pick this up the other day the guy i got it from says it has 5 hours on rebuild, it has no smoke coming out of the right pipe but does have pressure coming out, any ideas what is wrong and what i could do to fix it, thanks for the info guys, im new to 2 strokes so any help will be great but i sure do love my shee

It costs about the same to purchase the rods and pay some one to press the crank appart and back together vs buying a new hot rods crank.

You will need new wiseco 795 series pistons too. They have the wrist pin moved up 5mm to acomidate for the extra 5mm longer rod.

It costs about the same to purchase the rods and pay some one to press the crank appart and back together vs buying a new hot rods crank.

You will need new wiseco 795 series pistons too. They have the wrist pin moved up 5mm to acomidate for the extra 5mm longer rod.

so if i get a stroker hot rod crank the 115 mm rods and the 795 pistons it will be good to go with a strokerw in it also?

You also need to have the cylinder head rechambered or buy stroker domes for a cool head.

4mill stroker will have the pistons fall 2mm farther down into the cylinder, and come up out of the cylinder 2mm. Grand total of +4mm. You need the head rechambered so the pistons don't hit.

You should also have your cylinders ported for a 4mill.