Banshee vs 250s?

hey, ive only gotten to ride my shee a few times before it tore itself apart, and it was dead stock then, i was just wondering how banshees compare to 250Rs and other 250s like LT250Rs of tecate 4s. ive ridden my friends 86 250r bored to somewhere near 290cc's and aftermarket everything (lonestar swingarm, axle, a arms, works shocks, and everything inbetween) and ive ridden mostly stock LT250Rs and both were very impressive compared to my banshee, how do you think a properly running banshee would compare? :confused:

lol when it blew up it was dead stock and didnt have pretty much anything thats in that picture, that pic is from about mid way through the build, it looks much better now. I was talking about in general, ive ridden many quads and 250Rs are impressive overall, how will a properly running banshee compare?

Stock to stock banshee I think there decently close but banshee is still better. I had just pipes on my banshee and raced my brother inlaws 250R with pipes and I walk all over it.

It's a trick question....

A PROPERLY running banshee can beat EVERYTHING! (except a better running Banshee) :notworthy:

If your Banshee can't beat a 250R (no matter what the 250R guy has done to it) Then your banshe isn't built or runing PROPERLY. :jesterlaugh:

Long story short....if your getting beat by anything...it's time to throw money, parts and time at your machine. :headbang:

This isn't Honda Headquarters man....we gotta keep our reputation. Otherwise the noise from the Zilla and R crowd gets too loud. :lol:

Racing at the bowls, my stock Banshee would eat my buddy's 250R 3 wheeler and beat the 4 wheelers. My buddy had pipes, cut head, bigger carb, etc. I had 2 other buddies, 1 with a TRX250R that was opened up to 290 or so and the other 1 had a Banshee. They went through various stages of builds, the 250 always had more done to it to just keep up. Everytime the 250 got close to hanging withe the Banshee, the Banshee guy would add something more, he never had more than pipes, a cut head, and bumped timing. AND, the guy on the 250 was way lighter.

lol i wish i could afford both but right now im struggling just to get my banshee together :( well that answers my power question, although the 86 250r i rode is my buddys that i go riding with often, and its basicly a full on race quad, im still having trouble picturing my banshee being that fast or handling that well, lmao anyone know how tecates are?

:jesterlaugh: Just funnin with you man. :jesterlaugh: A 'Shee should be faster. Only 250 I rode was 15 years ago, had what the owner called a "Whale" pipe on it. Thing was fricking HUGE. Riped good though. Have to do a lot to make a shee handle as good :cry: . Just to even it up you can laugh at my son's set-up. Unported 4mil long rod , no porting, 2mm head gasket instead of spacer plates. Stock pipes till weather warms up. :yank: Maybe port it next winter. :jesterlaugh:

It's all relative to rider, set up, and intended usage.

Best to just get both. dance.gifjesterlaugh.gif

lol, i know shees kill out in the dunes... too bad im in the backwoods of ny state lmao, 75% of my riding is hardcore trails, the other 15% is a mixture of friend's tracks and shale pits. :headbang: My friend with the best track is also the friend with the 250R and an excavator, so he can build and practice whatever he wants, and i ride there often, just deff not as much as he does.

what mods does the banshee have now? stock vs stock the race will be close but the banshee responds better to engine mods than the other 3 mentioned. if you have the money you can spank ALMOST anything else out there.

what kind of racing are we talking about? you will never handle better than a R but banshees were made for hauling ass in a straight line.

what mods does the banshee have now? stock vs stock the race will be close but the banshee responds better to engine mods than the other 3 mentioned. if you have the money you can spank ALMOST anything else out there.

what kind of racing are we talking about? you will never handle better than a R but banshees were made for hauling ass in a straight line.

Because im pretty much broke right now, my shees going to be not that modded <_< I split my cases and rebuilt the engine with new everything, except the tranny which was in good shape, all new seals, WSM forged pistons, adjustable timing plate, RICK's hot shot cdi box (more agressive curve), Motofast 2 into 1 pipe and silencer (the choice of gncc banshee guys), billet water pump impellar, high compression clutch springs, pro series reeds, cut air box lid (i ride trails so i have to keep the lid), 260 main jets, 27.5 pilot jets, needle 3rd clip, air screw 2.5 turns out. My bike also has yfz 450 a arms and shocks which made it about 4 inches wider and 1 inch longer. thats my setup, and my riding is mostly trails, and personal tracks.

The pipes and airbox are gonna hold you back in a drag race and you'll never hang with a R in suspension. Banshees weren't made for MX.

Ditto. If its an '88 or '89 250R, and the dude knows how to ride it, your really in trouble. Chassis is 25 lbs lighter on those years and tranny gearing is different.

I would ditch that pipe set up you got...thing is ugly and not working. Can't believe somebody would tell you to run that. First mods guys do on V8 motors is make it a true dual exhaust.

250R's can be made fast, but like others have referenced already, banshee will respond better to most any mod. But us little 1 lunger's love to beat twins when we can :)