Duncan Racing

yeah, lol their motor work is overpriced, and you have to get it as a kit so its expensive :shrugani: If i had a 250r or LT250r i would deffinitly take it to them tho, because they have 25 years of experience working on them and a reputation. I have a 2002 ATV action banshee pipe test with 10 pipes and their Paul Turner mid range and high rev pipes were rated fairly high.

I would not take anything to Duncan. They may have been around that long, but I am willing to bet that the person that does the porting at Duncan has not been doing it for 25 years. Most of the main guys that I know that build Banshee motors, also have winning Blasters, 250r's and LT's.

It is not about the money, it is about the work. If Duncan turned out a bigger and better motors, I would have no problem paying for it. But they don't. Maybe at one point and time they did, but you have a lot of great builders doing amazing things for less money. So in the end, you get ripped off on just about any bike.

Loren is still doing their porting... I had a national kit from them and was on their support team for 2 yrs.It was a very strong build for what it was. It was a great reliable dune motor. I got all my parts from them. I was getting PT pipes chrome for 350 a set. They are actually not over priced on their work.. its their parts that are priced high. Their porting is the ball park with other builders. They price it higher because they really dont want it. The reason I moved away from them is that I drag race.. They really didn't build anything to fit my style of riding.. Also... They've more involved with thumpers now as with most big name facotory race teams.. Gotta go where the money is at. Soooo.. in short.. They do good work.. but.. Our site sponsors do just as good of work and being smaller and more focused on us.. They will have better customer service.

scan0004.jpg

I personally think $600 for porting is way too much (that does not include bore, hone or pistons).

thats about the going rate for the amount of work thats put into them. look around on pricing for drag porting from some of the other top builders.. you'll see their in the ball park. 500-600 is normal. Some people are charging as much a 1000 for porting.. it all depends on the amount of work being put in.