How to port match cases?

SlowMoe

Yeah I'm getting ready to bolt my engine back up and I wanted to definately port match the cases as well as any other performance/ maintenance mods before I bolt her back up.

Does anyone have pics or can explain hor to do this?

Also someone mentioned drilling out the crank bearing lubricant holes...What size bit do I use?

Anything else?

Thanks, Slo

Lay you gasket on the bottom of the cylinder. Use the dowel pins to help hold the gasket centered. Then cut the gasket to match the transfer ports., Then lay a gasket over the top case half. Mark the case with a black marker. Only open the top part up. You dint want to open the whole thing cause you will go through the case and make a hole, especially on the stator side. You only go down a 1/2" or so. Pretty much just the vertical part. Where you see the bottom slope down you don't mess with.

I just used a 1 piece (one big gasket for both cylinders) big bore gasket. It has a thin metal sheet in between the paper layers. It is also opened up more than the factory paper gaskets.

Edited by jbooker82