dont know were to start guys

yamahaman244

Well I was thinking air leak but it would idle fine before we cleaned carbs the choke tube is in there

Sounds like the problem might be in the "We". First try running through all the set-up adjustments in the clymers manual. ( sync'd carbs, air screw adjustments, set the idle, check float heights and that the floats float, atc.)

If that doesn't do it....try a different "We". It's always tuff to know if that other guy your counting on to walk you though things for the first time, even really knows what he's doing. I have a friend who let 3 different guys try to help him put a clutch in. (Not all at once, all three failed seperately) So he ended up taking it to a shop.

I do know you have cleaned the carbs. Assumeing everything was done correctly to them that leaves electrical. That is unless you still have tors caps, could be problem with those, water/ice. You will have to check everything from the stator to spark plugs. Check stator for moisture/ rust. Pick-up gap. Check every connection for corrosion, add di-electric grease on re-assembly. Plug cap to wire connection, maybe cut 1/4 inch before re-assembly. Check coil ground. Test/inspect all switches for moiture/corrosion. IF you happened to go through any salty water on your snow ride, it will make the poblem even worse. Do you have tors or parking brake "brain boxes" hooked up? Hope this helps. :cheers:

Ya in know we this guy does all small engines by our house. Never had a proble, before but now its worse then before he cleaned them still have tors I disconected them and it didn't help.....parking break I. Have to

Was talking to alf last night.....he said maybe my floats are sticking...ill check stuff tonight....guy messed with my idle and air screws to so that could be the probelm to

Thanks guys ill let u know

you should do a leak down test.....it will let you know if your having problems with an air leak. When you start it and it starts to rev up on its own its a sign of the motor being leaned out on the fule/air mix. I bet if you let it start to slightly rev up and you leaned over and pulled the choke out a litle bit i bet you that it slows your motor down.....its cause it WAS starving for fuel and now your giving it all it needs

you should do a leak down test.....it will let you know if your having problems with an air leak. When you start it and it starts to rev up on its own its a sign of the motor being leaned out on the fule/air mix. I bet if you let it start to slightly rev up and you leaned over and pulled the choke out a litle bit i bet you that it slows your motor down.....its cause it WAS starving for fuel and now your giving it all it needs

well its so hard to get started and when u do if u let of the gas it wont idle just dies only hits on the left side the right will once u give alittle gas then it revs up when u give it alittle gas .........................

If it's hard to crank up...have you checked compression?

yup compression is 125-130 on both cylinders on a stock bore stock head......reeds are good carbs have been cleaned twice there spot less......beforre i cleaned them it would start awsome idle good just wouldnt open up when u got on it woudl just bog now its worst wont idle un less u give it alittle gas it misses on the right side back fires.... its geting spark hook up one of the plug things were it glows orange wheni its running to see if its gettnig good spark

What Tedd1 said. Plus are carbs seated into boots and clamped correctly?

thanks guys ill check stuff out tonight is the stator the same as the coil and all that or is that something differant....maybe its my air screws he messed with them so to get them right i just screw them all the way in and then start with 1.5 out