need help guys

yamahaman244

Some of u guys no been having probems with my banshee.....rode it last sat and I posted a video ran awsome put it away and had some snow in the air box got that all out went to start it next day started fine........

Let it warm up went to take off fine but went to get on it and after half throttle it would bogg....and miss alittle.....so took it to my dads friend that does small engines and knows his stuff......

He cleaned the carbs put them back on went to start it hard to start got it to start.......now it won't idle at all....and if u give it some gas it revs like crazy and back fires sometimes

And a few times it reved so much went to kill it and it wouldn't shut off...then it did alittle pit after...now it sounds like its leaning out.......wasn't. Doing this before its getting good spark and its got good compression idk what's up

Any ideas

Some of u guys no been having probems with my banshee.....rode it last sat and I posted a video ran awsome put it away and had some snow in the air box got that all out went to start it next day started fine........

Let it warm up went to take off fine but went to get on it and after half throttle it would bogg....and miss alittle.....so took it to my dads friend that does small engines and knows his stuff......

He cleaned the carbs put them back on went to start it hard to start got it to start.......now it won't idle at all....and if u give it some gas it revs like crazy and back fires sometimes

And a few times it reved so much went to kill it and it wouldn't shut off...then it did alittle pit after...now it sounds like its leaning out.......wasn't. Doing this before its getting good spark and its got good compression idk what's up

Any ideas

sounds like an airleak check to make sure all your carb boots are good and have no cracks

could have been a number of things.....could have been a carb intake that cracked from a wheelie and it was semi sealed and you just bumped it and it opened it up. or it could be a spark plug that wasnt tightened down correctly.....hell it could be a number of things.

Best thing to do is to do a leakdown test on the motor and spray it down with soapy water....you'll see if its leaking...guarenteed.

And if its reving USUALLY that's due to the fuel mix leaning out.....hell it could have had some dirt in the tank that made it past the sock and into the carb plugging it up.

If it wont shut off when you turn the ignition off and the kill switch off then quickly grab at the spark plug wires....if you can get those off and the bike stays running then your problem has just moved away from electrical (for the not shutting off) to a detonation situation......it's runnin so hot inside that its not needing spark to ignite itself anymore.....its now become a self sustaining robot that's out to really jack up your wallet.....

the mikuni carbs are known for sticking when they get run through water.....you may want to see if the guy that tore it apart happened to clean it and then OIL them before he reassembled them...

could have been a number of things.....could have been a carb intake that cracked from a wheelie and it was semi sealed and you just bumped it and it opened it up. or it could be a spark plug that wasnt tightened down correctly.....hell it could be a number of things.

Best thing to do is to do a leakdown test on the motor and spray it down with soapy water....you'll see if its leaking...guarenteed.

And if its reving USUALLY that's due to the fuel mix leaning out.....hell it could have had some dirt in the tank that made it past the sock and into the carb plugging it up.

If it wont shut off when you turn the ignition off and the kill switch off then quickly grab at the spark plug wires....if you can get those off and the bike stays running then your problem has just moved away from electrical (for the not shutting off) to a detonation situation......it's runnin so hot inside that its not needing spark to ignite itself anymore.....its now become a self sustaining robot that's out to really jack up your wallet.....

the mikuni carbs are known for sticking when they get run through water.....you may want to see if the guy that tore it apart happened to clean it and then OIL them before he reassembled them...

Allright well he said not to put heat in the gas tank so. He put some stuff that's suppoose to get water out of the gas and I have about a hlaf tank could that be why cause of that stuff leaning out the gas.......I don't think he used any oil....btw this is the first time I have had the carb off sence I got it

All I have on bike is t6 pipes and lid off airbox and vitos pistons and the main said a 310 I live in wisconsin....he runs alittle riich up top in the summer just wondering if that is way to big or not

Allright well he said not to put heat in the gas tank so. He put some stuff that's suppoose to get water out of the gas and I have about a hlaf tank could that be why cause of that stuff leaning out the gas.......I don't think he used any oil....btw this is the first time I have had the carb off sence I got it

All I have on bike is t6 pipes and lid off airbox and vitos pistons and the main said a 310 I live in wisconsin....he runs alittle riich up top in the summer just wondering if that is way to big or not

?????????