Banshee/ stroke porting wisdom 4 ya

DragKing

• 3 months later...

i wouldnt judge his engine building skills off how much chrome is on his bike.thats kind of stupid.now if he is getting smoked by everyone else then i would walk away.iv got a 75 hp banshee that has not one piece of chrome on it,and just sold a 250r that looked stock.i spend my money where it matters most performance and handling. its always fun to beat these guys with 45hp thats got everything polished and powder coated.lots of people judge how fast a banshee is by how good they look.

im with you the whole way on that! i like it when ur bike look stock an slow and u can go out an stick with the cubs or beat them!

how old is this post? what the hell is with backcountry talking about using fmf pipes !!! on the drag strip!! that today would be laughed at. escpecially as thats a great builder these days. ( backcountry!!)

most of this info is decent for a read and a discussion its so hard to have similar "talks" between builders about their styles and the way they see things.. those old 70's bell and gordon books are also good reads for beginners. if your interested in some basic therory in 2 stroke design..

i agree if i was a "builder" and my bikes looked like total shit all the time i'd be wondering what else looked like total shit. my work space? my engine building skills? i like to keep my personal bikes clean, adn at least as well maintained as possible. i dont have the $$$$ really to invest in one single super pimped all chromed bike. but what i do have is washed and clean not coverd in crap or mud or sand all the time. the filters are clean adn i use the best parts i have found that worked over the years..

mac dizz's site is a great read for most "beginners" it touches on a lot of subjects adn is kinda a introduction to what some of us stay up at night thinking about. i spent the time and read that site oh soooooooo many years ago!! it was the start of me rethinking some of my local port training iwas getting at the time..

• 4 months later...

Reading and understanding are two different things. This posting only scratches the surface. Read Gorden Gennings and A. Gram Bell .

Not to insult any one here but, be serious, the importance and ability to read, is a gift that your parents and a school teacher help you achieve for moments like these. Read and you'll never miss the fine print, thanks Rick.....