2011 BansheeHQ Ride - Little Sahara, OK

Ok guys, I have had a couple of people ask about a dune race. We do this every year at sand jam an it is pretty fun. It usually consists of a number of laps through whoops, straightaways, trails and a dune or 2. It will be difficult to manage if the course is too complicated but if there is enough interest I think we could manage a single or even 2 lap race through the dunes. No classes, no age limits, simply a run what ya brung dune race for those that have bikes fastest enough to run with the drag bikes.

Let me know what you think and I can make it happen if there is enough interest. Let's say 3 pm on Saturday. Meet at campsite 140 and see what goes. Stop by to let me know if there is interest, post on here or PM me. If there seems to be enough interest I will scope out the track. We can run out to the dunes and do a couple of dry lap runs so everyone knows the course. Maybe Tyler can pony up a sweet ass HQ Hoodie for the winner :D!

What do you guys think?

SP

• Replies 965
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok guys, I have had a couple of people ask about a dune race. We do this every year at sand jam an it is pretty fun. It usually consists of a number of laps through whoops, straightaways, trails and a dune or 2. It will be difficult to manage if the course is too complicated but if there is enough interest I think we could manage a single or even 2 lap race through the dunes. No classes, no age limits, simply a run what ya brung dune race for those that have bikes fastest enough to run with the drag bikes.

Let me know what you think and I can make it happen if there is enough interest. Let's say 3 pm on Saturday. Meet at campsite 140 and see what goes. Stop by to let me know if there is interest, post on here or PM me. If there seems to be enough interest I will scope out the track. We can run out to the dunes and do a couple of dry lap runs so everyone knows the course. Maybe Tyler can pony up a sweet ass HQ Hoodie for the winner :D!

What do you guys think?

SP

I'm down for that race. Are Quadracers allowed too? Haha.

We got spots on the hill by the party now.I like Rotax's idea too all the way to north and back. I have a 4 stroke I could do it on don't think the alky bike would make it. I wanna see Loco air it out in a horseshoe race with a big ass dune in the middle. . Lol.

We got spots on the hill by the party now.I like Rotax's idea too all the way to north and back. I have a 4 stroke I could do it on don't think the alky bike would make it. I wanna see Loco air it out in a horseshoe race with a big ass dune in the middle. . Lol.

Hahaha. I have no problem airing out the Banshee. I do it all the time.. It's just that I usually don't have a +14 swingarm and 16 paddle staggerds on..

Dune race sounds dangerous. I'd rather sit at camp and lie.

It isn't any more dangerous than any other riding we do out there. At least no more dangerous than riding around out there with JD on the property! :P

North and back is a bad idea, to many new people will get lost! I figured we'd use a very similar track like Sand Jam or some oval around the sand highway.

SP

It isn't any more dangerous than any other riding we do out there. At least no more dangerous than riding around out there with JD on the property! :P

North and back is a bad idea, to many new people will get lost! I figured we'd use a very similar track like Sand Jam or some oval around the sand highway.

SP

You guys make me out to be so reckless :unsure: