2011 BansheeHQ Ride - Little Sahara, OK

i'd be down for a bansheehq only track day BUT being i'm a diehard dune racer and have never even sat on a bike with a bar and ridgid track only frame you'd better believe i'll be on the dunes where you better have your springer shorts on!!

if the track day starts turning into the same ole bullshit that tracks are famous for i'm out. long lines 2 bikes run and nobody else gets a chance to race, guys waiting for their motors to "cool down" after one run ( and somehow that takes 2 hours?) and sitting around all day after spending 100+ bucks to race 2 runs naw,.

i run my shit till they break or i fall off.

and 250 class rules bitches!!

Cam, what we do here is a "dune shootout" what this means is that the bike has to be fully suspended and no wheelie bar.. Just like you would ride it in the dunes. If you have to cool down.. then you miss your spot inline.. When we rent tracks here we usually get about 20-25 passes each in 4hrs. 95% of the HQ'ers goin arn't going to have a rigid.. so to let a bunch of rigids on the track that are not HQ members wouldn't be fair if this track is getting rented by the HQ. Sooo.. in short. If there is going to be a track rental.. I say.. "dune shootout" for HQ members only. Also.. to anyone who attends the track.. Leave the BS drama at home.. It takes the fun out of it for everyone. "my bike is faster then your bike.. blah blah blah..." WTFC.... just ride and have fun.

• Replies 965
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well with as much fun as last was you know were there!

As far as track racing i just dont see it in the cards for us. Were going to the dunes for just that dune racing. Track racing is fun but so cumbersome and drawn out. I think we should all just try and get everyone out at once on the sand and duke it out lol. :bolt:

Cam, fouledout and M&M I agree with you. As for this idea being a long drawn out sit around and wait day, no way. My thoughts are rent the track and come and line up against your buddys and who ever else wants to run and get it!!!! Doesnt have to be a bracket race that has to take forever. If we had 50 bikes theres no reason not to get as many passes as you want. I'm sure there will be some grudge racing if people want to do so. Just line them up and keep it rolling with knowone sitting there call for numbers and waiting. I look forward to seeing some time slips on some of these bikes.

I'm all about the drags out on the dunes as well. I know last year the best time I had was Saturday evening right out from the gate running. You just never know the condition of the area's to run and this will just give us another option to get everyone together. If it's not your cup of tea, bring a cooler and watch the show.

I'm sure there would be at some point. I'm not going to alter my plans over a couple of little bitches no one really gives a shit about anyway. It's a long time away and if I have as much fun as last year, I'm good!

Looking forward to snake hunt in April.

Any idea on a price? I was gonna say it'd be difficult to do since i run a totally different setup at the track. But if it's a run your dune setup type of thing it'd be fun.

Any idea on a price? I was gonna say it'd be difficult to do since i run a totally different setup at the track. But if it's a run your dune setup type of thing it'd be fun.

I'm going to meet with don, the owner while I'm down there in April and have all of the details. It will be fun for people to bring thier ridged drag bikes just to run and for others to check out. A good running dunner will be a good runner on the track as well, just smooth and flat.

When we rent a track it's run what u brung and just have a good time. They'll groom it and give time slips. I'll keep people posted later in the year.

I dont think we should worry about trying to get the track rented. I think it would turn into more of a hassle when in reality, everyone can just show up and have fun. At the last BHQ trip, I think the last night when we all lined our bikes up right before dark was the funnest shit ever. It was crazy, just race after race after race. I think everyone had a chance to get out and have some fun, of course that was if they didnt break their shit yet.

They had racing last time?....... lol jk. The fun part was camping and hanging with everyone in the dunes. I like the free-for-all style racing. Plus it is close to the camp sites. You dont have to worry about having enough fuel getting back to the southside.A lot of the bikes run alky, thats a long way to the north entrance.

Well with as much fun as last was you know were there!

As far as track racing i just dont see it in the cards for us. Were going to the dunes for just that dune racing. Track racing is fun but so cumbersome and drawn out. I think we should all just try and get everyone out at once on the sand and duke it out lol. :bolt:

im with andy... just stick to the dunes...where i can race all of ya at once....lmao

the track would be fun but, we need to congire some cones and something to groom the track...like maybe 8 bikes or so wide...idk that would be awsome and then when the drama starts we can stop everyone and let them run em like pinks best 3 out of 5...then they will know who beat who... :cry::dance:

im with andy... just stick to the dunes...where i can race all of ya at once....lmao

the track would be fun but, we need to congire some cones and something to groom the track...like maybe 8 bikes or so wide...idk that would be awsome and then when the drama starts we can stop everyone and let them run em like pinks best 3 out of 5...then they will know who beat who... :cry::dance:

I agree on something to smooth out some of the ruts, just so we don't run out of spots to race when they get all trashed.