Banshee has blown-up...need advice.

360CICJ

Hey guys, i'm new to Banshee HQ and to Banshees altogether. Just traded a z400 for a 98 shee. The bike blew up about a month ago and I have already torn the engine apart. The rod bearing came apart on the right side of the motor, the cylinder is scarred up pretty good, and the head is trashed. I ride mostly wide/open trails, and enjoy to race. Should i take my stock jugs, get a bore and port job, a cool head, and a +4mm crank? Or, should I just go ahead and get a 421 cub kit? I heard Serval has a cub kit that isn't as snappy of a powerband? Any suggestions?

Hey guys, i'm new to Banshee HQ and to Banshees altogether. Just traded a z400 for a 98 shee. The bike blew up about a month ago and I have already torn the engine apart. The rod bearing came apart on the right side of the motor, the cylinder is scarred up pretty good, and the head is trashed. I ride mostly wide/open trails, and enjoy to race. Should i take my stock jugs, get a bore and port job, a cool head, and a +4mm crank? Or, should I just go ahead and get a 421 cub kit? I heard Serval has a cub kit that isn't as snappy of a powerband? Any suggestions?

sounds good go with it your idea sounds great

I agree... Both are great ides and good running bikes. Don't do the cub unless you just drag. The serval is supposed to be a little more of a friendly prowerband. Just not so much of a light switch and has a broader curve. I am having a 4mil serval built now. Call Jeff at FAST. he's a great guy to deal with and will steer you in the right direction for what you want to do with it for how much you want to spend.

ya i say call Jeff...he's loaded with seriously good info. Your not going to want a cub....it'll be too much of a hassle trying to control it easily in the woods. The cubs power curve is just too fast to come on with the power to keep you outta the trees haha. a +4mil or a serval is what your gonna want.