I need GAS in GLAMIS!

fyi, last yr at glamis rangers were taking gas containers away.

why?

they werent labled for gas or they were not read signifying the color of fuel.

so white and blues were being pulled.

rediculous if you ask me, but it was happening.

this was at the wash entrance.

anyways, we get fuel at the texaco, they cary race fuel on pump or in 5 gal. jugs inside.

They must be targeting the Utility jugs that VP, Janz, or other companys sell. The are fuel safe but not approved. You have to use one of those safty cans that cause you to spill more than the can keeps from evaporting.

• 3 weeks later...

I Live in Temecula Ca, I go to glamis all the time. Yes they did stop selling Race Fuel at glamis. And yes it is much harder to buy race fuel now in cali... They make u fill out a form now. It has to be a sponsored race u are going to, to purchase VP race fuel.. It the fucking EPA assholes... lucky I have a hook or I would be fucked.

They must be targeting the Utility jugs that VP, Janz, or other companys sell. The are fuel safe but not approved. You have to use one of those safty cans that cause you to spill more than the can keeps from evaporting.

I HATE those new gas cans. You're so right, I never used to spill gas with my old cans, it's a mess now

I Live in Temecula Ca, I go to glamis all the time. Yes they did stop selling Race Fuel at glamis. And yes it is much harder to buy race fuel now in cali... They make u fill out a form now. It has to be a sponsored race u are going to, to purchase VP race fuel.. It the fucking EPA assholes... lucky I have a hook or I would be fucked.

This guy is from Texas... Not California. IP's don't lie.

Anywho, I have some friends out there right now, VP C12 is in stock at Sweet Maries in 5 gallon cans. Crazy Kevins should be stocking F&L, Sunoco, and VP as well... Also, every Off Road Warehouse in San Diego county, or Temecula will sell you any kind of VP you want. No form needed. Confirmed also today. "Technically" they're not supposed to sell it to you unless you're going to a sanctioned race, yes. But no one here has ever had a problem buying race fuel. The guy I talked to at ORW today had no clue what I was talking about regarding the limitation on the sale of race fuel. I still pull up to the pump with my boat and fill up on the way to Havasu. It's still available at the pumps in Brawley as well. Nothing has changed in about 10 years, so no worries.

Sorry to hear about your dad, dude. Some things are more important than riding.

• 10 months later...

Here we go again guys, NY boys are heading out there for presidents week- we will be in glamis from the 13-21st

If anyones gonna be out there- send me a pm, we can exchange #'s and meet up out there.

Not sure what pad we will be camping out yet, but ill keep you guys posted- Anyone thats gonna be there is more than welcome to come through for a few cold ones.

We'll be sure to have plenty :headbang: :headbang:

Im using my same hook from last year and having our fuel delivered to our site.

See you guys soon

Joe

This guy is from Texas... Not California. IP's don't li

Anywho, I have some friends out there right now, VP C12 is in stock at Sweet Maries in 5 gallon cans. Crazy Kevins should be stocking F&L, Sunoco, and VP as well... Also, every Off Road Warehouse in San Diego county, or Temecula will sell you any kind of VP you want. No form needed. Confirmed also today. "Technically" they're not supposed to sell it to you unless you're going to a sanctioned race, yes. But no one here has ever had a problem buying race fuel. The guy I talked to at ORW today had no clue what I was talking about regarding the limitation on the sale of race fuel. I still pull up to the pump with my boat and fill up on the way to Havasu. It's still available at the pumps in Brawley as well. Nothing has changed in about 10 years, so no worries.

Sorry to hear about your dad, dude. Some things are more important than riding.

REALLY MATT l live in Texas. Lol never been to Texas I think I know were I live.

Edited by 10milmike