sand in motor

badazz99ss

Hey wussup guys i recently bought a banshee from a guy for cheap. The problem is it has sand in the motor. I made sure before i bought it that it ran and i started it up it runs but runs REALLY rough i cut it off quick. Sou i need helo on what to do next. Do i have to just replace the topend and thats it including piston? Thanks guys help needed

Hey wussup guys i recently bought a banshee from a guy for cheap. The problem is it has sand in the motor. I made sure before i bought it that it ran and i started it up it runs but runs REALLY rough i cut it off quick. Sou i need helo on what to do next. Do i have to just replace the topend and thats it including piston? Thanks guys help needed

dude if your bike and sand in the motor first off you might wanna take the motor off frame and begin to open it if sand got in the motor pe prepared to really clean very good sand sticks to anything that got any kind oil in it and if you got to open the case order new seals and gaskets crank seals etc... you know what you got to do clean it out

He said it was dry sand and it got in through the carb because the airbox came off during a jump when he came dowawn on the landing. Which way would be cheaper cheaper to buy a whole new engine or buy a rebuild kit? But i want to bore it over I just dont want to replace it with a stock topend. The bottom end can stay stock i just want the topend to be high performance. Any ideas or websites for a budget power setup thanks

What do you mean *a stock top end*? Over boring isn't going to net any power gains. If you want more power have it ported when you take it apart with complementing modifications. Carbs, pipes, intake and filters etc.

I'd go with wiseco pistons, but as far as a stock topend, I'm not sure what your getting at. After market piston, bored only if needed and good seals, gaskets, bearings etc.

Go through it good and make sure everything is cleaned and assembled right and you'll have a good running motor.

SP

What i meant by stock topend was that i didnt want to but together a srock motor with all stock parts. I wanted to add some performance parts while it was apart. And i was trying to find a nice place to get the stuff from that was well known for there work and parts. Being that ive never took a banshee motor apart i will probably be having a shop do the work i just want to know what package to get. Im not looking for a drag bike im looking for a good trail and dune bike with alot of power.

im currently building my drag banshee, my 1st one and they truely are easy to break down and put back together, if you can read a book on it and turn a wrench and use a torque wench you can build it yourself, as mentioned already buy parts that work well together, porting is going to get you your power (along with the other goodies you buy) and your all set. there are good motor builders on this site and they will ntake the time to listen to what you want and guide you through the parts buying, the last thing you want is to buy a bunch of parts that simply wont work well together. check out this sites sponsers and call, hope this helps and good luck

I just had my motor done by Jeff at FAST. He does great work and will help you find the set up you need for your style of riding. He will tear the whole motor down and put it back together and pressure test for $250. I went from a stock motor to a 4 Mill with a play/dune port and cool head and trust me it has plenty of power for trails and the dunes. I am very satisfied with their work. He even helped me do a plug chop and dial it in, give him a call. Keep in mind Power and Money go hand in hand.

If you are going to do any performance mods, you do not want a stock bottom end. Before you start making power you need the bike to be reliable. After all, the bike can go farther in a half hour than you can walk in a day. And, when a bottom end fails it damages all your parts in the top end. That being said, split the cases, look everything over, have the crank rebuilt if needed and definetely have it trued and welded, make sure the kick idler bushing, shift shaft claw,and clutch basket cushions are all ggod. Then either buy a modded shift star or mod it yourself, or buy an easy shift kit, maybe do the shift shaft mod or get one from FAST, install a billet impeller in the water pump, Make sure the clutch is in good shape and maybe install some heavier springs. Also, make sure your carbs are clean, properly jetted and put together correctly, some parts are different between the 2 carbs so only take 1 apart at a time. If that stuff is done, then you should have a solid running bike that will hold up to some power. I would get a service manual and do the work yourself, that way you save money and know what makes it work so if it ever does fail on the trail you can possibly get it runnig and get back.