clean case

bansheeboi

merry christmas to all hq members i want to know what you guys use to clean your caseing ive took my to the car wash and sprayed some purple power but its still not as clean as it can be there still little oil smuges and dark spots on them how can i clean off im going for a super clean factor look or hust really really clean all around? :shrugani:

It all depends on what you want to do. If your just going to clean them, use oven degreaser on them then spray it off. If you want get a wire brush and put in on your drill and clean them up.

I took mine to the powder coater and had them PCed black. They put them in the oven and cooked the oil out, sandblasted them and they PCed them.

merry christmas to all hq members i want to know what you guys use to clean your caseing ive took my to the car wash and sprayed some purple power but its still not as clean as it can be there still little oil smuges and dark spots on them how can i clean off im going for a super clean factor look or hust really really clean all around? shrug.gif

I'll tell you what works very well and requires zero effort. Acid..Go to a Truck parts store. Kenworth, Peterbilt, Mack ect.. Then all sell aluminum cleaner by the gallon. Mix it with water, put it in a sprayer. Hose off after 1 or 2 miniutes. Good as new. Dont get it on glass.

glass beads leave almost no texture at all makes aluminum look like new. Sandblasting is a different story

My point is for about $10 you'll have enough acid to do any nasty, cruddy piece of aluminum for the next 10 years. Just spray it on and hose it off. That how I clean all the motors I rebuild. I avoid getting it on polished parts. Not a big deal if you do. They'll just need to be re polished.