Serval setup

CFH87

This coming summer I'm doing a complete over haul of my banshee. And found the serval to have the best of everything I'm looking for. And with this I need a few opinions.

I'm going to buy most of my parts from mmatvonline.com heres some of the things I'm going to buy. Starting with the obvious.

4mil serval cat kit

lockout clutch kit

billet impeller

pwk 33mm carbs

vf3 reeds

My main thing is what else am I going to need? And why does it need to have a lock up clutch. I'm thinking that this is going to be a monster, with that being said I will need to have at least a +2 swinger. What do you think about this. Going to be riding wide open trails and racing around the dunes...

My first suggestion would be to call around and find the best price for the parts. Check with different sponsors and make sure you're getting the best deal you can since you're spending a lot of money.

Next... I'd go with a longer swingarm than a +2. Look into a +4 or +6. Make sure you get the right domes for your setup. Do you have a pingel? If not, get one. How about a billet basket?

Yes my motor is stock. But I'm going to be using the r2 pipes. With this set up I don't wanna cut corners, so I want to do it rite the first time. How would this set up do on the trails.

Edited by CFH87

That's a real good start as far as mods go. As for the clutch I'm not going to be running a lock up. Like I've said before Jeff is building my motor and said that with running his clutch setup I should be good. I'll be riding pretty close to the same thing as you, trails and a little dune. If you were doing alot of drag I would say get the lock up. As far as the swing arm, I would go bigger than that. I'm running a +6. It would just suck to buy a swing arm and spend all that money for it to not keep the front end down. But get whatever is going to suit your needs. Like 350 said shop around and talk to a few sponcers as far as price goes. Also I seen you sig says something about Detroit. Do you live in Detroit? I'm about 10 miles from there.

I ride bull gap, alpeana, silver lake a little. I've gone out to the mounds but all the trucks have it all jacked up out there. Every now and then if I just want to go screw around and do some tuning I go out to the dirt roads out at like 32 and mound area. They have a few gravel Pitts out there but you have to watch out for the cops. But yeah this spring when I get it put together you can check it out. But you brake it you buy it. Lol.

I'm not to skinny hit the scales around 250 lol. So I'm sure it wont be too bad. I will just have to be a little less wild on the trails. And yea from what I understand it should be a monster. What's you suspension set up fastassbansshee.

Edited by CFH87

I'm running the 450 shocks and a arms this year. And yeah as for the carbs that's what he recommend. I didn't see you ask the first time. Yeah from everything I read they are supposed to be monsters. I'm going from a stock stroke stock port with a few bolt ons, so it should be a night and day difference. There's a few pics in my sig of what it looked like before.

That's not to bad I think I'm going to go to the a arm frame when I start my build. If it wasn't for me doing 3k in damage to my truck, I would already started my build. But I just have to wait till I finish my truck. You going with an oversize gas tank too?

That's sucks about your truck.... No I don't really like the way they look plus I'm going to be running lakers. I'm thinking about having something custom built but I don't want to give it away. I'm pretty sure I'll be the first to try it and don't want to give it away. Atleast I've never seen it before.