4mil or Serval?

SuperMex

only thing really to compare power wise would be a stock cylinder 421 there arent a lot of those around anymore the cubs took that segment out when they got released. i do have on e in my trail bike i'd LOVE to dyno it and have the curve ploted alongside a 421 serval.

i am betting the serval will be somewhat smoother and have more top end than the stock cylinder due to the triple exh port and triple transfer.

now i bet the question in the future will be 4 mill OR stock stroke 350 serval? thats what i'd like to build...

• 4 months later...

only thing really to compare power wise would be a stock cylinder 421 there arent a lot of those around anymore the cubs took that segment out when they got released. i do have on e in my trail bike i'd LOVE to dyno it and have the curve ploted alongside a 421 serval.

i am betting the serval will be somewhat smoother and have more top end than the stock cylinder due to the triple exh port and triple transfer.

now i bet the question in the future will be 4 mill OR stock stroke 350 serval? thats what i'd like to build...

Yep.....I just asked Andy about the 4mil & stock stroke serval & he said that the stock stroke serval will have 5-8HP less than the 4mil.

Im just wondering would it be worth it in dollars to switch from my HJR dune/play ported stockers to the stock stroke serval.

What's the HP & TQ difference in my stockers & serval, both being stock stroke?

My set-up is in my sig.

Edited by 252wheelieking

the difference is noticeable, your t5's will hold you back with the cub cylinders tho. the difference with stock or 4mm serval price wise is around $500 (Crank, bearings, seals and gaskets) the 4mm will push a bit more hp and tq (torque being very noticeable over the stock cylinder) and for around 550 bux, i think its worth it.

if you go stock stroke, there will be less bike down time and youll be back on the sand in no time. if you go 4mm, youll have more hp and tq and will never have the thought of " should have i gone 4mm ? "

i dont believe it would be worth it, running the t5's.

the difference is noticeable, your t5's will hold you back with the cub cylinders tho. the difference with stock or 4mm serval price wise is around $500 (Crank, bearings, seals and gaskets) the 4mm will push a bit more hp and tq (torque being very noticeable over the stock cylinder) and for around 550 bux, i think its worth it.

if you go stock stroke, there will be less bike down time and youll be back on the sand in no time. if you go 4mm, youll have more hp and tq and will never have the thought of " should have i gone 4mm ? "

i dont believe it would be worth it, running the t5's.

Which pipes should I run?.... I was thinking CPI's

When I get ready to build my serval most likely it wil be a 4mil.

421 is about the biggest im going, I love trail riding & beating up on the 4jokes..... :rotflmao:

Edited by 252wheelieking