Why?

MikeNick

Wow, that's a nice item. I'm going to get one of those. My front vent is plugged, but not with a nice piece like that. I've just got a screw plugged in the end of the hose under the cover. (You don't need that vent, just the rear case vent)

Buy it and do the mod! One less stupid hose to deal with.

Has anyone ever wondered how the rear vent could even work? If you look at the cases when they're apart, the crankcase/transmission area is sealed off from the vent. I wish I had a pic. I know the vent does work, but it just looks like it shouldn't.

Has anyone ever wondered how the rear vent could even work? If you look at the cases when they're apart, the crankcase/transmission area is sealed off from the vent. I wish I had a pic. I know the vent does work, but it just looks like it shouldn't.

i have wonered the same thing.. but if i remember right there is a small hole in that area that will allow it to vent..

I put one of those gas cap vents on the clutch cover brether tube. It looks much better then a screw and will alow the cover to breath one way, and like said befor. One less ugly hose running around the motor.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Short-Gas-Cap-Vent-Hose-YFZ450-Raptor-Banshee-Warrior-/140399547046?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item20b07712a6

Edited by moneybags