WOULD YOU RUN IT

stroking

I put the crank in the cases today just to check the squish and went ahead and check to see how true it was,well its around .005 out

i made a video of it but cant upload it so heres a pic of how far out it is

this crank is BRANDNEW never ran......can we run it like this or should the owner send it back ?

ALSO on the stator side the crank is VERY close to the cases

IMG00537-20101213-1659.jpg

IMG00531-20101213-1655.jpg

IMG00536-20101213-1656.jpg

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

look up the specs in the factory manual and measure the side clearance i bet its not together all the way i've been seeing this more and more lately ( not sure why) .006 is a bit much i'd shoot for .001 it will rev much easier and the bearings will hold up much better motor will run better and last much longer.

the crank/ pistons/ cy;inder is the heart of a motor and not to be thrown together..

call TDR they will make it right for you..

look up the specs in the factory manual and measure the side clearance  i bet its not together all the way  i've been seeing this more and more lately ( not sure why)  .006 is a bit much  i'd shoot for .001  it will rev much easier and the bearings will hold up much better motor will run better and last much longer.    

the crank/ pistons/ cy;inder is the heart of a motor  and not to be thrown together..  

call TDR  they will make it right for you..

i called him and he said to send it back,seems like a really nice guy!

im glad i bought alot of specialty tools so i can check clearances...i learned along time ago that motors cant just be thrown together when your putting in aftermarket parts.

TDR is great tony has never left me hangin on anything i have ever bought from him. ( and to think some shops would have told you uh its a "race part" and your screwed...) and checking your clearances is a good habit to get into!!