Thump ache

i had this problem also, because i grew up on dirtbikes, i hate thumb throttles, and ill go on 6 or 8 hour trail rides, so a twist throttle is a must, while im rebuilding my engine i just bought one through vitos, vitos has the best priced twist kit, it comes with twist throttle, cable, carb caps, adjusters, and grips for like 50 bucks, were as the other kits are like 70 and dont even come with grips :yank:

buy softer spring kit i tried the thumb extender and i freaking hated it, i do all dune riding so im mostly at wot. i rotated my thumb throttle down in the front and with my thomb extender i was able to start off with thumb ( in a way awkward position) then was able to use the palm of my hand for long distance riding, but believe me it sucked, lighten that push some and i believe you will be happy

i had this problem also, because i grew up on dirtbikes, i hate thumb throttles, and ill go on 6 or 8 hour trail rides, so a twist throttle is a must, while im rebuilding my engine i just bought one through vitos, vitos has the best priced twist kit, it comes with twist throttle, cable, carb caps, adjusters, and grips for like 50 bucks, were as the other kits are like 70 and dont even come with grips :yank:

Make sure you keep us up to date on how you like it.

I can only make 3 laps on a mx track, then right forearm starts screaming. Im only 31 so not to out of shape. Has anyone bought any thing that can adjust the thump throttle to be comfy.

i had same problem everyone was saying im just a bitch ride more!! well then i rebuilt the carbs and cleaned my slides and grease the cable and now its like night and day so worth the elbow grease!!!!

the vitos kit has a metal throttle body with a plastic sleeve, has the cable, both aluminum carb tops with adjusters, and a set of grips that are good (everyone has their own prefrence) for 25 bucks lower then the compition, im impressed! :headbang:

Yea but the problem with running a twist throttle on a atv is that the atv pitches sided to side independtly from the rider. That action causes you to grab a whole bunch of throttle when you dont want it.

On a Motorcycle the rider naturally leans with the bike. There have been many people who rode motorcycles there whole life try a twist and go back to a thumb. Usually the only place you see the twist throttle say around is on a dune machine.

Im with jbooker on this one.. I tried a twist throttle .....ONCE. Sucked balls. Its different than being on a bike. If you like it cool, but im telling you guys buy either a terry cable or my preference the chariot thumb throttles and put in some easy springs, no more sore thumbs.

Im with jbooker on this one.. I tried a twist throttle .....ONCE. Sucked balls. Its different than being on a bike. If you like it cool, but im telling you guys buy either a terry cable or my preference the chariot thumb throttles and put in some easy springs, no more sore thumbs.

x3, IMO, a twist throttle for a quad is terrible. I hate them on quads. I had a warrior throttle on my old shee with my 28mm PWK's, and it was a lot easier than my brothers shee with stock carbs and stock throttle. Also, the moose racing throttle assembly made my bros throttle a lot easier, it is pricey though.