WSM pistons, anyone tryed em?

in dennis kirk i always see this pistons called WSM pistons, they make pistons and topend kits for old two stroke quads, banshees, 250r's, lt250r's. quadzillas, etc, they are forged and look decent, i was just wondering if anyone here has tryed them, please give me advice, i need to know if they are junk or to buy them.

I have ran wsm pistons on my last few builds and would say the results are fair at best. I had one set show alot of weird fracturing, but it could have been from some moisture of ice racing. The set I just pulled out of my current motor tuesday has the entire piece between the two windows missing. They seem ok up to moderate abuse, but they tend to fail in a way very similar to cast pistons. I already need to split my cases to build a new motor, but it would of been nice to know there won't be any scaring on my freshly cryo'd cank. I did hydrolock a motor last year and it made my crank look like a Z shape. However, that motor had Weiseco pistons in it. So when I took it apart, the wrist pins pushed out with a touch of the finger. The WSM definitly need more coaxing with a wood doll and a mallet. I honestly don't see myself buying any more of these in the future though. Just do your self a favor and spend the extra few bucks on a proven forged piston like Weisco.

I have ran wsm pistons on my last few builds and would say the results are fair at best. I had one set show alot of weird fracturing, but it could have been from some moisture of ice racing. The set I just pulled out of my current motor tuesday has the entire piece between the two windows missing. They seem ok up to moderate abuse, but they tend to fail in a way very similar to cast pistons. I already need to split my cases to build a new motor, but it would of been nice to know there won't be any scaring on my freshly cryo'd cank. I did hydrolock a motor last year and it made my crank look like a Z shape. However, that motor had Weiseco pistons in it. So when I took it apart, the wrist pins pushed out with a touch of the finger. The WSM definitly need more coaxing with a wood doll and a mallet. I honestly don't see myself buying any more of these in the future though. Just do your self a favor and spend the extra few bucks on a proven forged piston like Weisco.

exactly which pistons were they?

The problems your talking about are associated with fuel issues or lack there of... Its been covered on another forum. Also.. the fact that you had to beat the wrist pins out kinda leans in that direction too.

exactly which pistons were they?

They are the forged big bore long rod style pistons.

The problems your talking about are associated with fuel issues or lack there of... Its been covered on another forum. Also.. the fact that you had to beat the wrist pins out kinda leans in that direction too.

Normally I would say yes, but the first problem was problably from a little bit of ice water from not having a legit air box. The set I just pulled was out of a motor tuned on a dyno with a 155 main and was just a little bit on the safe side of rich. About the end of september when the chill started movin in the needle got an adjustment and the main was bumped up to 158 for my colder weather riding. So there was no shortage of fuel. Just not sure what caused it. The motor ran really solid and then one day it just felt like the choke was on and it would no longer idle. Quick compression test yielded 30 psi on the left and 180 on the right. Both plugs were a moist tan the day before catastrophe. I will try to get a new photobucket account set up so I can get you some pix. The piston that has alot of fissures and cracks was on the counter at lakes in waterford.