Rebuild

CFH87

For a while now I've been thinking of rebuilding the motor on my banshee. My main question is this is it really worth it to rebuild? Im kinda leaning towards getting it ported and raise the compression. Only reason I ask is because my cousin is killing me with his cr250 and he has a fresh build. I will go with the following things.

Wesico pistons

weld stock crank new bearings

dune port from fast

cool head

28mm carbs

rocket r2 pipes

With this set up should I be able to keep up a little better? Thats my main worry if not I hate to say it but I might go to the dark side...

For a while now I've been thinking of rebuilding the motor on my banshee. My main question is this is it really worth it to rebuild? Im kinda leaning towards getting it ported and raise the compression. Only reason I ask is because my cousin is killing me with his cr250 and he has a fresh build. I will go with the following things.

Wesico pistons

weld stock crank new bearings

dune port from fast

cool head

28mm carbs

rocket r2 pipes

With this set up should I be able to keep up a little better? Thats my main worry if not I hate to say it but I might go to the dark side...

Yeah the 250 mite be quick but doing that too your shee would make it alot faster than you are now. I had Wildcard do an Aggressive Dune Port on my stock 350... and it makes a huge differance. And here in Utah at 5000FT, anything helps :headbang:

But a 4mil would be sick for sure.

Would it make a good trail bike? And id imagine ill need atleast a +2 swingarm to keep it down

It would make a great trail bike. The 4mill doesnt add a bunch of top end on its own. It gains you a stronger midrange. Wich in turn most people exchange for more top end by going with a more agressive port job and pipes. So you still end up with a stronger or as strong of a midrange with more top end.

yes rebuilding is worth it if your low on compression.......but just getting it ported is not going to raise your compression. Hook up with a sponsor on here....they all do really good work...and have them port your cylinders and bore/hone out your cylinders for the rebuild. Then make sure you get that thing jetted right and give it hell against your cousin (after break-in of course) :headbang:

Things to start with

pipes, port to match the pipes & advance the timing. Forget going long distances on your bike once you start modding it heavily. Especially if you are doing carbs as well. These girls are heavy on the fuel consumption as it is, even with stock carbs. If you want to go for the day trail riding, hide a few jerry cans of premix along the way, for peice of mind.