j arm vs a arm

So how many of you have replaced J arm bushings more than once? J s MIGHT wear slightly faster and the narrower pivot point alows more movement at the ball joint for a given amount of bushing wear. As for me I'll keep my Js and you can keep your extra 14 pounds :rotflmao: To bad Yamaha didn't redesign the suspension to make it more like the Honda 250r when they added A arms , then you would actually have something to really talk about. At the end of the day, they're all banshees :cheers: .

Edited by Larry's Shee

• 11 months later...

the jump in my avatar was on a stock J-arm banshee, they didnt bend or break.

people just dont like them because they changed them, so they make up stories that they were weaker and inferior. acually, they only changed because everyone else went with A arms and in their ads, they depicted them as stronger so people were clammering for them on the banshee, and in 91 *POOF* they had A arms

I guess you have changed your avatar since your post here, but I assume it probably showed you taking your J-arm banshee over a huge jump!! :headbang: :headbang:

Are your J-arms still holding up? I have been trying to figure out if the views of J-arms were mostly just assumption or based off of actual experiences. Because I hear of both types of arms bending just the same. To me, the J-arms look stronger than the A-arms giving me the feeling that they can actually handle bigger air than the A-arms. :confused: