2011 BansheeHQ Spring Ride St. Joe State Park (Park Hills, MO)

run

Is this place for paddles or dirt tires?

It is for both. 800 acres of sand flats for dragging and playing, and 1200 acres of trails for dirt tires.

Sand Drag/play area:

Some of the woods riding:

(trails look awesome)

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First video is where he majority of the drag racing goes on. Those bikes in it look like the local guys that I see there all the time. That's about as crazy as it usually gets. Once in a while u might get a turbo busa DS or a street bike powered yfz. Not very often though. Most of those guys are on Atvdr and some on a local mustang site. Figured I'd throw up a post a little closer to the date and tell em a bunch of us would be there. See if we can't get some decent racing goin. A guy(or gal) can pretty well drag race all day there on anything zippy. If it's damp a set of 4snows on a 450 will b fun. The everyday bikes can have a blast there. There usually aren't nasty drag bikes there. If a bunch of guys from here show up it would be pretty badass.

I can't get that second vid to open on my phone. But the trails are pretty nice. Some are smooth groomed stuff big enough to take a rhino on to small tight rutted rocky stuff up hills. There's a little for everybody.

You dont have to have paddles to go there. I see alot of people on just dirt tires. The litle dirt trail/road from camp is a little rocky sometimes and can be hard on paddles.

Stjoe State park is a awesome place period.

Go drag race for a bit then go grab another bike or swap tires and go trail riding for hours.

also not trying to take away from BHQ by any means but there are alot of MO guys on the Atvdrag site that go there about ever weekend so might want to post this up over there as well and get a massive turn out.

I may try to make it out there are well as its a awesome place. :headbang:

[i live about 30 or 40 min from there alot of the trails r not for paddles but i use paddles for racing there its fine for that i live n missouri so i will spread the word as aswell is there any dates set yet

Yea, what I meant was I'll be bringing paddles with me for play racing, and then using my dirt tires for trail riding.

The dates are set...it's the 13, 14, 15 of may I believe. (its in the topic header)

Fromthe rules:

Motorized vehicles must be equipped with functioning brakes and muffler, with noise limit not to exceed 96dBA. Motorcycles and all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) must be equipped with a spark arrestor.

Pretty much cuts all the drag bikes out...

Fromthe rules:

Motorized vehicles must be equipped with functioning brakes and muffler, with noise limit not to exceed 96dBA. Motorcycles and all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) must be equipped with a spark arrestor.

Yep read that several years ago too. I can tell u in all the time I've been going down there I've never seen anyone kicked out because noise or a spark arrestor. Pretty sure most of the rangers don't even know what spark arrestors are. The drag bikes down there are non silenced out of frame just like everywhere else. 2 and 4 stroke. As long as you have your $5 riding pass, a flag, helmet on and aren't riding double your gonna be good to go. No worries. The videos Run posted show you what runs down there. As long as we aren't drag racing in the middle of a main road or something there's no issues.

Fromthe rules:

Take a look at the vids I posted.....not a "silenced" bike in there....LOL I'd say you guys will be just fine.

its a lot more fun with dirt tires just spins them all the time. heck sunday it left burnout marks in the hard pack. and they "bark " a lot haha with the paddles its just standing up all the time. rode it a bit this sunday. its a lot of fun in the sticks.