WEIRD NOISE! PLEASE HELP

FREAKSHOW

Ok I just got my engine back into my shee, I put a new crank in it. I did it buy the book. I have built 4 or 5 complete engines on banshee's so I wouldnt concider myself an idiot on them. So I start it up and all seems well until I shut it down and it raddles. After a few times of trying to find it I found if you listen close you can hear it intermitantly with engine running not just when it shuts down. I sounds like a spray paint can with no paint in it and someone is shaking it except it comes and goes. If I hold clutch in it will go away after about 10 or 15 seconds, It doesnt sound like a clutch basket, and I really notice the noise from behind chain drive sproket. and if clutch is held in while shutting engine off it doesnt raddle. during rebuild I didnt get to far in the tranny I pulled shafts cleaned then soaked in atf before assembly, but the bearings at the end of the shafts looked good. No missing teeth on gears and if shifts into every gear fine. With engine running I removed the dipstick to try to help isolate the noise and even with dipstick removed the noise is still more pronounced on stater side. I removed stater cover and ran engine and sounds like it coming from behind sproket.

Any ideas?????

Can a kicker idler cause this noise on the opisite side of engine? Mine was a little loose but nothing I would concider eccsive.. My clutch basket was in good shape with hardly any play.