tranny oil

You could use part type F and part 10w-30. The oil would be good for lubrication and the tranny fluid would help with friction on your clutch discs.

I though the friction of the clutch fibers is what keeps it from slipping. 0 friction = slipping clutch.

Yamaha specifies Yamalube 10w30. As long as your 10w30 is for a wet clutch then it is fine. If it is automotive engine oil it can cause your clutch to slip.

cheap 10-30 can work. you want to stay away from anything with friction modifiers. also, the thicker the oil, the longer it will take for the clutch to engage. basically, the clutch will slip a bit when you dump it. detergents, however, are good. if you normally run type f, then there is no compatibility issue, either.

cheap 10-30 can work. you want to stay away from anything with friction modifiers. also, the thicker the oil, the longer it will take for the clutch to engage. basically, the clutch will slip a bit when you dump it. detergents, however, are good. if you normally run type f, then there is no compatibility issue, either.

this was normal engine oil 10w-30 my old oil was really dirty i changed it and rode it seems to pull alot better now

All automotive 10/30w oils have a friction modifier in them. Look at your bottle and if you see anything that states it is an "energy conserving" oil, Don't Use It!!!

Wet clutches and these oils don't' play well together....

allright it dont seem to be slipping i was riding it last night seems to pull better but ill look at the bottle dont need to reck my clutch it was motor oil

What does the bottle say in the bottom half of the API sevice doughnut logo. Is it blank or does it say energy conserving. The energy conserving oil has Molybdenum disulfide. It is a metallic like lubercant and once it has contaminated a wet clutch the clutch will need replaced. You can't flush it out of the fibers.

What does the bottle say in the bottom half of the API sevice doughnut logo. Is it blank or does it say energy conserving. The energy conserving oil has Molybdenum disulfide. It is a metallic like lubercant and once it has contaminated a wet clutch the clutch will need replaced. You can't flush it out of the fibers.

looked and it says enegy conserving but the clutch dont slip so should i just replace the oil and see what happends

you can do what you want but once it does start slipping a simple flush and fill wont fix it. The only automotive oil off the shelf that isnt energy conserving that I know of is Diesel Engine oil. They dont have the energy concerving emblem. You can get a synthetic Rotella in a 5w-40. I just run a 2 stroke transmission oil. It shifts much better than engine oil, and it doesnt get contaminated as fast as ATF.