409 LA Sleeve Big Bore Kit

I need some opinions on which exhaust kit to use with the 409 Complete Big Bore top end kit from LA Sleeve? I brought the motor from one of my family members, & the guys he brought it from use to drag race it on dirt 300ft.

The set-up was:

LA Sleeve 409 complete top end kit

dune/drag ported

38mm pwk's w/ uni filter pods

4mm crank

+10 advance timing

power pro's out of frame exhaust w/ silencers

+8 swingarm

I wanna install this motor on my stock frame & install some inframe pipes. Im going to use the motor to ride at high speeds & on the sand dunes

The set-up im thinking:

LA Sleeve 409 complete top end kit

dune/drag ported

V Force 2

34mm PJ's w/ K&N filter pods

4mm crank

+4 timing

Banshee HQ choice of the exhaust kit

Im just looking for opinions on this motor set-up & what inframe exhaust should I use.

FMF Fatties will work pretty good for that set up too i think. If your planing to drive it around home and fields and maby the odd trail id go with the FMF Fatties. They have a Good mid and top power range.

FMF Fatties will work pretty good for that set up too i think. If your planing to drive it around home and fields and maby the odd trail id go with the FMF Fatties. They have a Good mid and top power range.

would they be restrictive? concidering bore along with all of the porting and other mods? if not that would be pretty cool. being able to blow past another guy with a set of FMFs haha

I called LA Sleeve & spoke with the tech. & he recommended FMF Fatties also or CT Racing full exhaust. I asked about CPI's, Shearer's & other pipes, but he said he never tried them pipes with that set-up, so he don't know how they would perform. @ banshee67, I also thought that FMF Fatties would restrict air flow. @ EvilBanshee isnt the FMF Fatty a midrange pipe? I dont know for sure, but im thinking CPI, Shearer or R2's would be a better selection.

i have a cousin who runs them sometimes, but he switches back and forth between them and some out of frames that idk what they are. but he is pretty much no where near stock so i guess. he only runs his FMFs when there are sound restrictions along with spark arrestors so idk

I called LA Sleeve & spoke with the tech. & he recommended FMF Fatties also or CT Racing full exhaust. I asked about CPI's, Shearer's & other pipes, but he said he never tried them pipes with that set-up

That should tell you about the R&D that L&A Sleeve put in to developing that cylinder.

I would run CPI's. They are a good top end pipe. FMF's will just choak the top end and they wont make for a good midrange because the cylinder is supose to be a top end ported cylinder. You dont want top end power you have to change the cylinders and pipes. You cant force a top end cylinder to have a good midrange by putting midrange pipes on it.

That should tell you about the R&D that L&A Sleeve put in to developing that cylinder.

I would run CPI's. They are a good top end pipe. FMF's will just choak the top end and they wont make for a good midrange because the cylinder is supose to be a top end ported cylinder. You dont want top end power you have to change the cylinders and pipes. You cant force a top end cylinder to have a good midrange by putting midrange pipes on it.

I think youd like the cpi's

I called LA Sleeve & spoke with the tech. & he recommended FMF Fatties also or CT Racing full exhaust. I asked about CPI's, Shearer's & other pipes, but he said he never tried them pipes with that set-up, so he don't know how they would perform. @ banshee67, I also thought that FMF Fatties would restrict air flow. @ EvilBanshee isnt the FMF Fatty a midrange pipe? I dont know for sure, but im thinking CPI, Shearer or R2's would be a better selection.

Ya their more of a mid range power pipe. The the top end is pretty decent on them. Their are better top end pipes out their no doubt about it. But the fatties work good from mid to top. Which i like.

@jbooker82-that do make alot of sense. Im just gonna bolt my cpi's on it & see how it does.